Tuesday, February 19, 2008

1 Year Checkup

Ellie had her one year check up today and also was diagnosed with the flu! Fun days at our house. She woke up in the middle of the night with a temperature of the 102.8! Luckily I remembered my doctor telling me not to even worry until it is above 103 in a baby. So I just gave her some fever reducer medicine and dealt with her crazy night of sleep (mumbling, tossing/turning, etc.). Real fun. Especially since Rob has pneumonia and bronchitis right now too! Thankfully I had previously scheduled her 1 year check up for this morning so it worked out great and they didn't even have to give her shots today - they will wait until 15 months. She tested positive for the flu (the kind that isn't covered by the flu shot she got in December). There isn't really anything to give her besides tons of liquids and tylenol or motrin. So this is going to be a fun week at our house! Hopefully I can stay healthy and don't catch what Ellie has or Rob has! They both got priesthood blessings this morning so I know that will help also. And I finally purchased an Ear Thermometer so I can take her temps much more quickly and easily!

For Ellie's stats - she is 20.5 pounds (25% percentile) and 29 1/2 inches (50% percentile) with a head cicumfrence of 45 (25%) and above where she should be developmentally at this age (not that I am taking any credit for that one!). Other than the flu - a healthy and normal 1 year old!

5 comments:

Claire said...

That's so stinky!! Good luck taking care of everyone, and not getting sick yourself... :)

Christianne said...

Man, that is terrible news. I can't believe everyone is so sick --cross my fingers that you won't catch anything. Good luck. I would just tell someone right now that you won't be at church so you don't have to stress about that too. and just take it easy. yuck.

The Blakes said...

Bummer about the flu...Ty got over the flu and immediately picked up a respiratory virus. Yuck! Good luck with a speedy recovery!

I love the birthday pics! We have the same giant cupcake mold and I think it's so cute!

The Griffins said...

Hey Lachelle! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Seriously though- I'm about ready to give up! I feel so tired and worn out from these contractions and I haven't even made it to the hospital yet. I'm glad that Eliza is alright. You sound like such a cute, beaming mom! It's so fun isn't it?

Heather said...

Cute site I like the changes!! Oh and to answer your question, we moved to Herriman!