Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's been a while since I've been able to post and not for lack of things to write about! Ellie doesn't let me type on the computer anymore when she is awake (she likes to help a little too much). We think we need to get an old keyboard to give to her since she loves pounding on the keys and I catch her speeding into the office any chance she gets to do just that!

Last week we had fun with some playdates with Rachael and Amy and their sons Jace and Wyatt. I forgot to take pictures of the day we all met together - but then again Wyatt decided he was too tired to play and fell asleep in his high chair anyway! It's fun to have all three of them walking and playing together. And Rachael took some 1 year pictures of Ellie for me that turned out great - even though Ellie wasn't cooperating in the slightest bit.

We also were able to celebrate Christine's birthday with her on Thursday and Christina, Elaya, Ellie and I drove out to Queen Creek to see their new place and have a fun lunch.

Ellie has been busy entertaining and keeping me busy. She walks everywhere and has gotten so good at it that she literally tries to run up and down the halls and into different rooms in the house. Of course this has resulted in even more bumps, bruises and scratches but I suppose I need to get used to that! She will not walk if she has shoes on though - so I'm not quite sure how to handle that one. I'm ok with her walking barefoot around the house but no so much outside. Any ideas?! Everything I read says they don't really need shoes when they first start to walk but I know eventually she is going to have to get used to them and wear them!

We have a little "dancing queen" also. I seem to have the Ellen Show on quite often (it's a good background for me while I fold laundry, etc) and everytime she comes on and does her dancing bit or has artists on singing - Ellie loves to dance along! We managed to capture a short taste of what we get. How on earth do babies figure out how to dance?! I think she was doing this for about 5 minutes and I only got a little bit of it but I thought it was pretty funny.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

She is so cute dancing like that! I wish I could get Rory's dancing on film. Dancing toddlers are the cutest!

Claire said...

CUTE!!! I love watching babies dance. Its hilarious. I'm with you... where do they learn to do it? Its not like I dance around the house all day... I don't know many moms who do!