Monday, February 25, 2008

Sickness, Shower, and Accidents

We're still SICK in this house - although it is on the mend. Rob is back at work even though he isn't 100% yet. Ellie finally doesn't have a fever - just the annoying runny nose that I have to wipe what seems like hundreds of times per day! And I've managed to avoid most of the sickness by only having a sore throat and stuffy nose (which I seem to get at least once each winter anyway). Nothing that lots of sleep and hot chocolate can't cure! :)

Friday night we had a baby shower for Lauren (which I completely forgot to take pictures of - sorry Lauren!). It was really fun to celebrate the upcoming arrival of her baby and I love that she doesn't know whether the baby is a boy or girl yet! I couldn't do it since I'm way too curious but I'm excited for her. And it was fun to get together and talk with friends in the ward (until I got called home to deal with my sick crying baby and sick husband).

Saturday I tried to keep the house under control and ran a few errands. THEN (just when I thought things were calm) we got a call that Rob's grandma had been in a serious accident. She had been walking across University Ave in Mesa (which she has done numerous times) and had been hit by a truck!! They rushed her to the hospital and she is dealing with multiple bone breaks all over her body from her arm, to pelvis and ribs. She has some bleeding in the head also but the neurologists don't seem too concerned. Rob's uncles and aunt flew in from Utah on Saturday night and will stay for a couple of days until they figure out what is going on. So scary and sad and we know it's going to be a long road ahead of healing. We just pray that she will be ok!

2 comments:

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I am so sad to hear about Robs Grandma. Was it on the news because I really think I heard about it on the news too? I know the feeling of the total sickness going around and it is nothing nice! Especially when your kids are sick and the whole runny nose...annoying at times:{. I am sad that I wasn't able to make it to the shower but once she has the baby I am going to buy her a gift:)

LaurenOpie said...

Thanks so much for all you did for the shower! I can't believe you found time for that between taking care of all your sick people :) So sorry to hear about Rob's grandma. Never a dull moment around the Bodine family, huh? My grandma has actually been run over TWICE. Recovery is never easy for older people, but sometimes they absolutely amaze you. Good luck.