Wednesday, March 19, 2008

All About Rob

I was tagged a while ago to do this post and finally got around to finishing it. Not sure why some of these pictures turned out soo tiny ... sorry!

What is his name? Robert Andrew Bodine

How long did you date? Technically only 6 weeks. We met July 25, 2004 and went on our first date the following week (after a couple times of hanging out) and we were engaged on September 18, 2004. Of that time - we didn't talk for a week since I was on a cruise with my family. We were married a little over 3 months later on December 30th, 2004.

Picture from the first couple of weeks of dating


Who eats more sweets? Definitely me! Rob doesn't have a sweet tooth (unless it's for sugary cheap candy) and so I have to give away or throw away a lot of treats or I will eat them all.

Who is taller? Rob. He is 5'9-10 and I'm 5'3.

Who is the better singer? I would have to say me since I have a little more training through singing in choirs growing up. But I wouldn't say this is either of our strong points! Although we can both belt it out during Rock Band.

Who does the laundry? I do. I've seen Rob do it a few times - but he doesn't fold and I have to have things hung and folded at some point!

Who pays the bills? He makes the money - I pay the bills. It's a team effort.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Rob does. I hate sleeping on the side closest to the window . ..

Who mows the lawn? I wish we had a backyard lawn to mow but it's weeds and dirt right now! We put in desert landscaping in the front to avoid the mowing.

Who cooks dinner? Anyway who knows Rob already knows that he does not cook.

Who drives when you're together? Rob. Unless he is really sick of driving and then I will.

Who is more stubborn? I am very stubborn but Rob can hold his own when he wants to.


Who kissed who first? Rob kissed me. After he spent hours fixing the broken water in my house and getting completely soaked in the process. I felt like he deserved a kiss. :)



Who asked who out? After a couple of nights of some group hangouts (where I had no idea he was even interested), Rob invited Nicole and I to go to the lake with him and his roommates. We hung out with them that night and then he asked me out on a real date the next week.

Who proposed? Rob proposed and completely surprised me. I knew he had ordered a ring but everyone (including Rob and my friends) had me convinced it wasn't ready. Nicole and Jen helped him set up the site at the Desert Botanical Gardens at a lookout point with a couple dozen red roses with the ring box nestled in them. He was rushing me to get to this spot in the garden before it started raining and I was annoyed that we were going so fast - until we finally reached the spot and I saw the roses and he got down on his knee.

Who is more sensitive? I am.

Who has more siblings? I do - I have 4 brothers. Rob has 2 sisters and a brother.

Who wears the pants? I think we take turns!

4 comments:

tannerin said...

I so miss you guys! I loved all the info on Rob makes me miss my bro even more. Love you guys.

Christina MC said...

What a fun tag. I love learning personal little details about people, esp how they met and got engaged.

jules said...

This is so fun to read about how you guys met - I can't believe you only dated for SIX weeks!! You guys are a really cute couple.

The Becks said...

I enjoyed reading this because I didn't know most of this about you two.