Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend

Easter snuck up on me this year with it being in March but it really made it feel like spring was really here! We had a beautiful sunny weekend that was wonderful and we were able to spend a lot of time outside enjoying it. It's hard for me to believe that a year ago on Easter Sunday we were blessing little Eliza. Where did the time go?

We started off on Saturday trying to paint the outside of our house. But due to some problems with the paint sprayer . .. we are going to have a funny looking house until next Saturday when we attempt the project again. We'll be the ghetto house on our street for a little bit but give us a few weeks and there will hopefully be some good pictures to post. On the positive side - my in-laws came over to help with our problem with the paint sprayer machine and my mother-in-law was nice enough to weed my flower bed that runs along the front of the house and trim my roses for me. As you know - that is a task I detest! It's nice to be able to see some of my plants again.

Sunday morning Ellie got her Easter basket along with a couple books and a new dress. She most enjoyed the plastic eggs. My dad sent her a cute stuffed bunny and a stuffed animal puppy that she has been carrying around and even took to bed last night with her.


We had Easter dinner over at Rob's parents house and took a picture with all of Ellie's cousins. Only Davis is missing! Lots of cousins on this side of the family which makes up for none of mine (no one else is even married on my side).

The kids went on an Easter egg hunt which Ellie didn't really get the concept of but held onto her two eggs that we gave her.



We had a wonderful dinner.After dinner the men played Boccie ball and the kids ran around and played with bubbles for a while. I tried to capture the expression on Ellie's face because she thinks she can blow bubbles!

20 comments:

Christine said...

Super CUTE and looked like fun. I love love love your new haircut. I think it suits you wonderfully and makes you look a little more mature. Not that I don't love your long hair too - but it tends to make you look like a teenager. I'm just a huge FAN of short hair obviously. :)

Ashley Dent said...

What a fun Easter! I LOVED Ellie's dress today; super cute! Aren't those Peeps bubbles the cutest?!Kodi got some in her basket too!
Oh, if you guys need any help painting, feel free to call Nelson...as you know, it's what he does and he would totally help if you need.

Claire said...

I love her Easter dress!! Its so cute! We blessed Cecelia on Easter last year too... I didn't realize our girls are blessing day twins :D

Andrea said...

One word: FUN!!!!

LaurenOpie said...

Wow, she is so cute! I love her dress. I can imagine how you must feel. Looking at those pictures and thinking that's how Olivia will be next year blows my mind. Right now it's hard to see past the next feeding! Hard to believe she's going be toddling around before I know it. Glad you had a good Easter!! Oh and by the way your hair looks so cute in person!

Sarah W. said...

I swear Sunday's seem so crazy. I meant to tell you that Eliza looked SO adorable in her new Easter outfit! I'm such a sucker for polka dots too! What a cute girl!!

Spitzer Family said...

I love Ellie's dress!! Your family photo at the top is a good one! Happy Easter!

Uffens Family said...

Happy Easter to you guys! Eliza looks so precious in her Easter best! That dress is adorable...and Lachelle you look awesome! I love your hair!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

What a fun Easter Basket for Ellie! Her dress is darling and she looks like a beautiful princess in it. I seriously LOVE her dress and the spring colors:) What a nice family picture of the 3of you too.

Nikki said...

Cute pictures. Where did you get Ellie's darling Easter Dress??? I love it so much. Your hair looks so cute! Are you getting used to it?

LaurenOpie said...

Hey I left a comment yesterday and it didn't show up! So I'll comment again and see what happens.. but if both show up you'll know why!

Ellie's Easter dress was sooo cute! You find the cutest dresses for her. Glad you had a good Easter. Oh and by the way, your hair looks awesome in person!

Rob and Sarah said...

What a fun Easter! I love Ellie's Easter dress.

Mallory said...

What a cute dress!! i love it! i actually switched to Dr. Beck! :)
My first apt. is this thursday!

Crystal said...

She is so cute. I'm proud of you for letting her be on grass with that gorgeous new dress. I probably would have been freaking out about stains... but then again, you've got that new Tide!!! By the way, I got some to try out and I can't wait to wash something REALLY dirty.

Andrea said...

HOLY BUCKETS! I can't believe I forgot you on my blog! I didn't mean to. Sorry. :-(

I've been reading your blog, though, obviously (as I have already left you comments).

Jamie & Johnny said...

oh how I love Eliza's easter dress. SO cute.
As far as the dresses from layers. I've only ordered one and I really liked it. THe medium fit me perfect (prepregnancy) I've tried on Down East and they didn't fit me good at all. IT's so hard to order online. I've ordered a bathing suit from layers too and I liked the top but the bottoms didn't fit as well but I wear shorts mostly anyways.

jules said...

I'm so glad you found my blog!! Eliza is SO beautiful! Her dress is gorgeous. She's the same age as my Jacob. I'm glad you had such a great Easter!

The Griffins said...

Where on earth did you get Ellie's cutest Easter dress?? Love it!! You are the cutest mommy! I can see how much you love your little princess!!

The Becks said...

Ellie looks so darn cute in her Easter dress. I must say you look great yourself. I love the short hair!

Chalyce said...

That is an adorable dress you had on Ellie. Lachelle, I love your hair. It looks awesome. I miss you.