Sunday, March 30, 2008

Toys, Books and Babysitting

It was another beautiful week in Arizona. This time of year and October are my favorite in Arizona since it's usually great weather in the 80's. Although now that we are about to start April - I know the temperature is just going to get hotter and I wonder what I'm doing living here!

Ellie has enjoyed playing with this new Easter present from Grandpa White. It's the Busy Ball Popper and it provides hours of enjoyment. It plays music and the balls shoot out in time to the music. Of course it came with 5 balls and we're down to 3 already! I've been doing some spring cleaning this week and thought for sure that the missing balls would show up but no such luck. I did find out that you can get a new set of 5 balls for only $4 (including shipping). I might need to order a few back ups since we've only had this toy a week!


Anyone else have a problem with their children EATING board books? We kind of skipped this stage earlier but for the last couple of weeks instead of wanting her board books read, she would rather bite off parts of the book spine. . . You can tell by her chubby cheeks that we do feed the child so I'm not sure what the deal is. But any ideas?! Other than taping up all the spines since she is ruining them all - I'm not sure what to do. She still loves books and reading but now I don't want to leave books out because they are eaten.

We babysit my nephew Steven and my neice Shar for the afternoon one day this week (Rob's sister Brett's youngest children). Steven is almost 3 and Shar is 3 months. Ellie was very sweet with Shar when they were first there. I had Shar laying on a blanket and Ellie kept staring at her and giving her kisses. Well, after Ellie woke up from her nap . . . she was NOT happy at all that Shar was still there and didn't want me to have anything to do with her. It was a good birth control reminder for me! I love babies but am definitely not ready for my next one anytime soon.



Rob finished painting the front of the house yesterday and I love our new color. I don't want to post any pictures yet since we still need to pick out a trim paint color and paint the shutters and the trim so it doesn't look good yet! Hopefully next week we will have a more finished product to show.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

She is so darling with that toy! Grandparents are the best, aren't they?

I wonder if she's teething and so it feels really good to have something like the board book spines to gum. If she's teething in back, that would explain why she bites chunks off so she can gum them back there.

heidi said...

she is so photogenic! she just lights up in all her pictures!

Rob and Sarah said...

Jack also ate his board books at that age and we have plenty of chewed up board books to show for it even though I got rid of a lot of them. I especially had a hard time in the car when he looked at board books but was out of my reach to stop him from chewing on them. I started buying him the cloth and vinyl books and that worked well at church and in the car since he could chew on those all he wanted. Good Luck!

azHarline said...

Those are some cute pictures. Yeah his dad passed away a few years back. That is so funny.I will have to tell Brandon.

Kyle said...

That ball toy is the perfect toy for her age...we used to have a similar one!
My kids always chew on books...its just their way of discovering the world...I wouldn't stress too much!

Ashley Dent said...

Isn't that ball popper toy the best thing ever invented!? My kids LOVE ours; it has been used so much that we're on to the 3rd replacement of batteries! Yay for entertaining toys!

Amber said...

I'm excited to see your house pics because we, too, need to paint our house. Although, our house only has one color to it to begin with. I totally know what you mean about needing a trim color. Two-toned houses look so much better. We were going to hire, though. You'll have to tell me about your experience with painting it yourself.

jules said...

Your pictures are cute. I really want to get that ball popper for Jacob's first birthday. I'd hide the board books for a month or two...see if they lose their flavor and she'll look at them when they come back. Good luck!! :)

Hadley Family Clan! said...

What an adorable picture of Ellie loving the baby:) Brooklyn LOVES the pop up balls and we have managed to keep all 5 balls, but thanks for the info on ordering more. Thanks for driving us girls to the shower. I really had a great time and can you believe that we each won!!! We really must be friends:)