Thursday, March 13, 2008

Zoo Fun

Ellie and I took our first real trip to the zoo this week! (I don't count Zoolights since we couldn't see any animals then). I realize that Ellie is not quite ready for me to take her to the zoo regularly! She had fun - but I think that is more because of watching people and seeing her little friends than the animals! And it made me realize how different the Arizona zoo is from the one I grew up with. Pt Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, WA had polar bears, penguins, etc. I guess I had never thought about how a different climate changes what you have at your local zoo!

We met up with my friends Rachael (and her little boy Jace), Nicole (and her little girls Shayli and Lexa) and Amy (and her little boy Wyatt). Wyatt and Ellie are 8 days apart or something (they had the same due date) and Jace is 6 weeks older than Ellie. It's really fun to see how they interact! And then Nicole's little girls are just too cute - every time you look at Lexa she smiles at you. She spent most of the time in the stroller so we didn't get any pictures with her though.

Picture taking is always fun with active kids but we managed to catch a couple of cute ones on our lunch break.

Wyatt, Jace, Ellie & Shayli


And they are off again!



Overall it was a great day. A perfect sunny day in March in Arizona and a chance to get outside and spend time with good friends. What more can I ask for?
Can't resist the big gorilla

7 comments:

Ashley Dent said...

How fun! ELLIE IS SO DANG CUTE!I wonder if we were there the same day as you?! We went on Wednesday. You should come with us sometime...we got a zoo pass this year!

Sarah W. said...

HA! We got a zoo pass too and was going to invite you along sometime too... we will have to make it a big group thing with ashley and who ever else we can can in for free with all the memberships floating around!!

The Blakes said...

I love the zoo this time of year! How fun that all the kids are so close together!

Mallory said...

Cute pictures!
yeah it was a scary situation yesterday. we are all doing well though. Just bad timing with the move and all... but everything will work out. we will be sure to call if we need anything. thank you so much!!

Terra said...

Looks like fun! Thanks also for the info on beautiful lengths!

Kristen Michele said...

looks like a fun day!! we haven't gone to pt defiance yet this year. the weather is just starting to get nicer, so we'll be going more soon! ellie is adorable. mariana has that same pink & white shirt with the flowers. she picked it out herself :)

Rachael said...

That was fun - I hadn't seen any pictures yet so I was glad to see yours. I like the one where Ellie & Jace are looking at each other... wonder what they're up to!