Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Car Wash

What do you when it's 90+ degrees in April? Anything that involves water! Since we don't have a pool and the local splash parks aren't open yet - I had to get creative. Our truck hadn't been washed for a while so I stuck Ellie in her swimsuit (which is now too small on her) and we headed outside. She had fun running under the hose and around the front yard while I did the scrubbing. Too bad it only took 30 minutes. Any ideas on how you keep toddlers busy in this hot Arizona sun? Eliza certainly doesn't care that it's extremely hot outside - she just wants to be outside!


6 comments:

Christine said...

You should buy one of those mini plastic pools. Fill it with water and let her go. It's inexpensive and she can invite her friends over for a play date.

Claire said...

I think you should head over to my house, we'll fill up our kiddie pool (or our "family size" pool)... the girls can play and run around our yard, and you and I can work on our tans!!!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Ellie looks so cute! I really can't believe how big she's gotten. And that smile. So precious. She totally looks like you!

As for fun ideas, Everett loves water balloons, water guns, spray bottles or anything else that can dispense water. 90s in April - wow!

Ashley Dent said...

Come over to my house! We just bought the kids this huge blow up pool that has a slide and a tunnel! It is freakin awesome! Also, they LOVE water balloons!

Ashley Dent said...

I just saw you comment on my blog...they are emailed to me... call me when you get a chance and we can plan a day! I'll call Amy as well and we'll have a little swim party! How fun!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Oh my goodess how cute. Ellie looks like she is having so much fun. What a great way to get cooled off and wash your car at the same time. Her swimsuit is darling.