Saturday, April 05, 2008

Painted House

We finished painting the front of our house in between conference sessions today. Here are some before pictures of our house (taken two years ago when we had our landscaping done):








Rob picked out the trim color of Stealth Jet. It's a really dark contrast between the tan paint on the main part of the house but I think it'll grow on me! And it really didn't take too long or too much money to paint the trim so we could always change it at some point. I'm just glad that our peachish color that was on the main part of the house is gone! I always hated it and the old trim color was a nasty shade of brown.




9 comments:

Nikki said...

That looks beautiful! Great job! What is the exterior of your house made of? Is it stucko? I'm just wondering because ours is stucko and we HATE the color... but I didn't know it was possible to paint stucko.

Claire said...

Looks great!!! Want to come paint my house now!?! You guys did an awesome job

Kyle said...

Looks good! I can't believe it didn't take too long...seems like it would be a LONG project! Good for you!

Ashley Dent said...

Looks Great! I like the dark contrast! I guess I'm biased though...you've seen my house...dark body and light trim...It's fun! How's Rob feeling???

Christine said...

LOVE IT! We especially loved the dark trim - way to go Rob! We are in the painting mode too. Only we are painting the interior. Andrew broke down and is letting me paint a pink stripe in our room with brown as the main color and then we are painting a light brown with a light blue stripe in the loft. FUN, FUN, FUN! You guys will have to come out and see it once everything is done.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Your home is darling!!! Great job! The inside of your home is so cute too. It was fun seeing you outside yesterday as I was driving by and Ellie looks so cute running around. I am sure it was a little bit harder to finish with a 1 year old running around, but lots of fun too.

Emily C said...

lovely! you guys have done excellent work with your house.

Crystal said...

It looks great! I actually really like the contrast.

Shanna said...

It turned out so great! I really like the dark shutters and door :) I bet you are so glad to have it finished!!