Friday, May 23, 2008

Back to School & Work

At the beginning of May I decided to take advantage of the free tuition I get through Rob working at Grand Canyon Univ., and started taking my first class since graduating from BYU 6 years ago. I'm going to get my second undergraduate degree in Accounting this time around. It's different having to do homework again and doing all of the course work online. I'm taking one class every 8 weeks so hopefully I can keep on track of it!

And I also started a new job! After looking for the last year and a half for something that I could do from home (and was legitimate)- I finally stumbled across one. It's for a company in Gilbert that hires about 150 local workers as independent contractors doing conversation transcription work. Thanks to my sister-in-law Brett and my mother-in-law who watched Ellie for me this whole week so I could go to training for the job! From here on out - I get to do all my work from home. I'm excited at the opportunity to learn a new skill, bring in a little extra money, and still be able to stay home and be with Ellie.

So if I'm a little hard to reach, appear tired, etc - it's probably because of the above reasons!

5 comments:

Christine said...

okay - let me in on the new job. I've been looking for something legite to do at home too. I'd love some extra fun money for just me.

Terra said...

Good luck with school and the new job. On your cemetary post-my grandparents lived by a cemetary, and we would play there all the time, especially in the irrigation ditch that ran through it, so I've never thought they were creepy either. I remember taking paper and old crayons and making rubbings of the headstones with my mom.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Wow - back to work AND school?!? You must be Wonderwoman or something. Good luck with Accounting! I so don't have the mindset to do something like that.

Christina said...

Busy girl! Congrats, that is great that you are starting some courses.

Ashley Dent said...

That is great lachelle! Accounting is the best, and don't mind the weird looks people give you when you tell them your degree...I get crazy looks ALL the time! Good luck with it too!