Friday, May 09, 2008

Kory Homecoming

Ellie and I flew up to Seattle on Tuesday so we could be up here in time for my brother Kory to return from the Phoenix, AZ mission. (Yes, he served in Phoenix while I have been living in Mesa.) We did see him a couple of times on his mission (with approval) but he was really dedicated and didn't really love the distraction of seeing us!

I was relieved on the flight up to Seattle to find that our friends from the ward, Karlie and Jared, were on our flight and I was able to sit next to them. It might not have been relaxing for them but it sure helped me to know that they were sitting by me! I was so worried before the flight that I would be sitting by people who hated kids and I have a very busy and active toddler. But Ellie did alright - she didn't really want to watch movies for long or eat for long so it was a long 3 hours! Crossing my fingers that the flight on the way home goes as well.

We got to Seattle about 11 and Kory wasn't supposed to get in until 4:45 - so we ran home with my dad and did a little grocery shopping and got a birthday cake (he turned 21 the same day he got home) and then realized that his flight was getting in 30 minutes before we thought it would . .. so we raced to the airport. And made it!


Waiting for Kory to get off of his flight


Elder Kory White



Ellie is not sure what to think about Kory


Waiting for baggage


We went to eat at Claim Jumper after the airport and then headed to the Stake Center for Kory to be released. We followed that up with birthday cake at our house and a few presents.


Celebrating with yummy Coldstone ice cream cake

8 comments:

Steffani said...

We sure are proud of you Kory! And Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for keeping us updated Lachelle. Can't wait to see you in a few months!

Christina MC said...

How fun to not only greet your brother at the airport but to then immediately celebrate his Bday too. I'm glad you had familiar faces on the plane ride; what are the odds of that?

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I am so happy that you and Ellie were able to go to Seattle and see your brother come home and what a fun day to celebrate with his birthday too. I never realized that he served here:) How sweet that the Roskelleys were on the same flight as you too. I love Ellie's jammies too.

Erin said...

I can't believe it has already been 2 years! You know what would have been cool? If you and Kory had been on the same flight--that would've been great! Haven't talked to you in a long time, hope all is well.

Michelle said...

How fun for you to be able to be there when he got home! I can't believe that it has been two years (in part because it means that my brother is getting home too!). Once you are back from UP we'll have to get together. Have fun!

Uffens Family said...

I am so glad you and Ellie got to be there! and glad she was okay on the flight :) that is always scary for me! Glad you made it back to the airport in time :) Have fun in UP! I am sadly looking forward to some cloudy weather when I head home in a few weeks...can you tell I am from WA??? It is already to hot for me in Vegas :) Yes I am a wimp!

Claire said...

I just saw that you won a designmom.com giveaway!!! Congrats! I want to win one so bad... like the William Sonoma one... fingers crossed!

Nikki said...

That's so awesome Kory is back from his mission and he gets to meet Ellie! And your hair looks SO cute. You're gorgeous. Good job on that 10k. You're my hero.