Thursday, May 22, 2008

Senator John McCain

I know politics is a "hot topic" and not one that I really love to talk about. But did anyone else see Senator McCain on Ellen today? I enjoy watching her show and think she is hilarious - even if I don't believe in her choice of lifestyle. Anyway, She kept trying to get him to back down on his views of marriage and he stood strong and asserted that he believes in "the unique status of marriage between and man and a woman." I think it's always nice to see a public figure stand up for what they believe in! Even if it doesn't appear to be the popular point of view (especially these days!) And Senator McCain was on Saturday Night Live last week and was pretty funny - nice to see that he has a sense of humor.

2 comments:

Kristen Michele said...

I saw most of it while I was at the YMCA on the elliptical machine. I love Ellen too! I think it was great that he stuck by what he believes in. It was funny when he said he was glad she's happy and so she asked him if he'd walk her down the aisle. I've always liked Ellen and I'm also glad that she's happy with her life...whichever way she wants to live it.

LaurenOpie said...

I didn't see it, but I heard the clip about aisle walking and laughed out loud. Ellen cracks me up, and it sounded like Sen. McCain did a pretty decent job staying clear on his point of view and seem like a normal kinda guy, kinda.