Saturday, June 07, 2008

First D-backs Game

Since Rob isn't really a huge baseball fan and I'm not a big Diamondbacks fan, it took my family coming into town to take Ellie to her first D-backs game (she has been to 2 Mariners games and spring training games already). Last Friday night my dad got us some good seats on the lower level to the game.

Before the game we hurried over to a Mexican restaurant near the park and met Rob there for dinner. Rob was still recovering from being sick that week and I think the hot sauce about did him in since he left in the middle of dinner - too sick to make it to the game. I thought about sending Ellie with Rob but figured that with him being sick - I should probably keep her.

Fast forward to the end of dinner and my brother Kory goes to get Ellie out of her chair and says that she feels wet. Well poor Kory had to experience a severe case of diaper blow out that completely disgusted him (and me!). Apparently Ellie still hadn't recovered from her sickness from that week either! It was terrible. I haven't seen a blow out like that since she was probably 6 months old. My dad's girlfriend Debbie was really sweet and ran with me to the bathroom so we could get Ellie cleaned up as much as we could. I start hunting through my diaper bag and realize that I haven't restocked my diaper bag!! Of course I'm usually the girl who makes us late for things because I'm obsessive about making sure I have EVERYTHING I could possibly need in my diaper bag. I'm down to one spare diaper! So get her dirty clothes off and into a bag and put the clean diaper on her (praying that she doesn't need a second one) and put the spare skirt I have in my bag on her. Well, it was at that point that I remembered that my spare top had been taken out that week and used and I hadn't replaced it!! Seriously - I haven't used a spare outfit for this child in months but I usually have one! So now Ellie is down to wearing a blue flowered skirt and no shirt. We were going to be late for the game so I just figured that we would have to take her white trash style to the game with no shirt and buy one there. So that's what we did! I should have taken pictures of my shirtless child. She could probably pass for a boy except for the flowered skirt I had her wearing! But $15 later in the Team Shop we had her a cute pink Dbacks shirt to wear.

Thankfully she was a ANGEL for the whole game. I was so impressed. No more accident, no crying, and she just made herself happy by eating snacks and people watching. She even saw her first fireworks show after the game. Too bad the Diamondbacks were on a 6 game losing streak at this time! It was still fun though after the rough start.



Kory, myself (ignore my hair that I didn't do after swimming that day) and Ellie, Debbie, and my dad

6 comments:

LaurenOpie said...

Lachelle, Ellie is soo cute! She is looking so grown up lately, its crazy.

Erin said...

Hey, Ellie looks so much like your side of the family in those pics. They remind me of the pics of you guys your mom had of you on the wall in your family room. She is getting big for sure!

Mallory said...

how fun! i cant wait until Hanna is that old and can do fun stuff like that!
here is our new blog address
www.mrsandmrw.blogspot.com
-Mallory

Christina MC said...

Thank goodness for over-priced gift shops with baby sizes! Too funny, though not in the moment.

anna said...

she's tooo cute!

The Becks said...

I can't believe how much Ellie has grown up! Kory looks so different. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.