Friday, August 22, 2008

Fun Filled Week

I am so ready for this heat to be over here even though I know we still have another good month of it to go!

We've been keeping busy this week although I did not remember to bring my camera to anything! Monday we went swimming at Val Vista Lakes pool with my cousins Jessica and Steffani and Steffani's girls. Ellie wasn't as interested in the pool as she was with the the little playground next to the pool in the sand. Thankfully it was in a shaded area so it wasn't too hot.

Tuesday night we were given tickets to the Dbacks game and went with the Dent's (friends in our ward) to the game. Their little Kodi and Ellie are only a day apart. I loved listening to their son Brady's cheering at the game and seeing how much he loved it. I think Ellie and Kodi had more fine climbing (and getting stuck) in the chairs. It was a fun night out.

Thursday we went with our friends Christina and Elaya out to the Phoenix Children's Museum. This Museum just opened up in June. My honest opinion is that it is over-priced especially considering that half of the exhibits are not even open yet! The girls still had a good time and it was nice to play in an air-conditioned place at least. We made little hats for them in the art center and then explored the different areas that were open. The favorite part was the under 3 section where they had stairs to climb and slides and a small kitchen play area, balls, and lots of books! Thanks to Christina for taking pictures for me!





Today we continued our fun with a birthday party for my cousin's children Alyssa and Haylee (I'm sorry Stef if I spelled their names wrong!). A turned one and H turned 3. There were lots of little ones around and lots of fun presents. I realized today that my daughter doesn't really understand the concept of sharing and her and Alyssa fought over a few toys. We'll have to work on that one!

4 comments:

Ashley Dent said...

What a super fun week! Thanks for inviting us to the game! We had tons of fun! It WAS pretty funny to hear Brady yell for the D-Backs and see the little girls get stuck in the chairs! We def. need to hang out some more! (It looks like it's pretty much us now huh--you me and Amy need to play more!)

heidi said...

her little toothy grin just kills me! so precious!

Terra said...

I love the hat! I think that alone should be worth the price of admission. :)

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Overall the museum looks like tons of fun but ya I totally hear you for paying full price and then not many of the exhibits were open. Sorry I wasn't able to make it, but I do love the cute fun hat on Ellie.