Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dad's Wedding

We took a really quick trip up to Utah this weekend to witness the wedding of my dad to Debbie in the Mt. Timpanogas temple on 8/08/08. It was a little bittersweet for me remembering my mom especially but the spirit was very strong in the temple and I was reminded of the importance of the temple and sealings and very much felt at peace. But I am very happy for my dad and looking forward to getting to know Debbie even more (from what we can already tell - she is going to fit in great in the family).

My dad and Debbie


It was also great to have the chance to visit with my brothers (all of them except for Kevin who is on his mission) and quite a few of my aunts, uncles, cousins and of course my grandparents. There was a nice low key barbecue after the wedding at one of Debbie's sisters house with fabulous food and a playground for the kids to play on. Ellie loved it - especially since there were lots of uncles and cousins to help her out. And one of my best friend's from when I first moved to Arizona Jen even stopped by to see me so that was fun too - even though we really didn't get a long visit since there was so much going on!

9 comments:

heidi said...

congratulations. what a sweet experience.
i love your blog posts. they are always so nice and positive!

Michelle said...

We are so happy for your Dad. I am glad that all went well and that you are feeling good about things! congratulations!

Erin said...

I'm glad all went well. Are they going to live in U.P.? I still need to email you back, I'll do better.

Becky said...

I'm glad you were able to go and that it turned out to be a good experience. Thanks for sharing the pictures. We're looking forward to seeing all the family again, some year!

Paula said...

congratulations, it sounds like it was a great experience. Eliza is so cute.

Nicole said...

i'm glad it went well. we need to get together!

Steffani said...

Now that you are back, call me and we can get together. I'm so excited to see you guys and tell your dad I said congratulations! Love ya!

AnaleeCuller said...

hey girl! haven't talked to you in a while! sorry! was just thinking of you and then saw this post. memerious of when my dad got remarried came flooding in too. bittersweet but so happy he is happy!!!!

The Becks said...

Please pass along congratulations to you dad for me. It is fun to see the pics of Ellie on the bottome of the post. Hope you guys are doing well. We are going to come down for Ginger's little boy's blessing... whenever that is. She is due in Sept. Hope to see you then!