Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fun Adventures

Ellie was nice enough to share her cold with her parents and so we've been hiding out at home the last couple of days. I'm hoping we'll be able to resume running soon since it's only been a few days but I am realizing how fast the 10k is coming up next week and I don't feel ready.

Anyway - Ellie is continuing to amuse us. After a week of her consistently climbing out of her bed, we finally took down the railing on her crib and converted it into a toddler bed. She surprisingly hasn't really had too much of a problem with going to sleep in it. The strange thing is - she has now decided she likes sleeping in the glider in her room. It has padded cushions but the arms are hardwood. I can't tell you how many of her naps lately have happened in that chair verses her bed. It just doesn't look comfortable to me! We also need to invest in the door handle covers so she can't get out of her room in the middle of the night and join us. It's only the middle of the night that she decides she wants to get out of her bed.... lucky us!

She is also having fun picking out her own outfits lately. Some days this goes better than others!

And I have I said how grateful I am for Crayola Washable Markers?!


Since I've had to wipe Ellie's nose constantly lately - she has decided that every time I wipe her nose, I need to also wipe one of her toy animal's noses. And instead of Ellie telling me she has a stinky diaper she tells me that that the "cow went poo poo". Quite funny. She has the Little People Animal Farm and this week it has been the popular toy in the house - especially with telling me all the things that they have done.

Last week we had our playgroup at the Apache Junction library. It's a drive out there but it is the best library that I've ever seen! There is an outdoor enclosed playarea and inside they have a huge castle for the kids to climb in with reading areas built in. It is so fun! Not to mention a huge younger kids area complete with a full play kitchen, puzzles, books, and other toys. And best of all it's free! Can't beat that.

3 comments:

Christina said...

We've had colds here too this week. Not fun!!!!

JTA said...

Fun post. Those pictures of Ellie in the chair crack me up. She sound like a smart little girl who knows what she likes. Trouble:)

Crystal said...

I'll have to check out that library! It sounds very cool!