Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fun on the Farm

Last week for playgroup we went to Superstition Farm. If you live in the area - you need to check it out! I was able to arrange a small tour for our playgroup and it was lots of fun. Ellie is still talking about cows 5 days later - she even wakes up talking about them. Made me grateful that I don't live on a farm though - that's for sure. I like visiting!

They let the girls touch some of the food that they feed the animals, go on a hayride around the farm and see a 6 hour old calf that weighed more than me, and even feed the donkeys and horses.



Oh and it was followed up by yummy homemade ice cream. I think Ellie is a fan!


This has nothing to do with the farm but today Ellie came into my room and handed me my glasses from the nightstand (I was still trying to get in a few more minutes of sleep) and said in a sing-song voice "Hi baby"! I had to laugh. We still call her baby sometimes (even though she isn't even close to a baby anymore) and I forget how much these little ones learn from us!

3 comments:

Spitzer Family said...

Those pictures of Ellie falling asleep in the glider are totally cracking me up!!! I have got to meet this little gal! I wish I could join your play dates-you always have so much fun!! Ellie's hair is getting so long and so cute!

Sarah W. said...

Looks like you had a great time!

My mom still calls me "baby" and I'm 32! I will always be her baby... that is what I tell my boys too!!

Ashley Dent said...

Kodi did something similar yesterday morning...she came in (I was doing the same thing-trying to get 5 extra minutes of sleep) and she got right in front of my face as she hands me my glasses and says, "Wake up Mommy, wake up!"

I am soooo stinkin sad we missed the farm! Amy said it was ToNs of fun!