Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sprinkles

For playgroup today we headed to the Scottsdale Mall. Unfortunately they have closed their playarea until January so we had to go to plan B. Okay well it was always in the plan but we walked over to Sprinkles! I've been wanting to try these cupcakes that I've heard so much about but I don't venture that direction often. They are quite pricey but in my opinion worth every penny! Especially since it's not a place I will go to very often. We camped ourselves outside the bakery along the wall (since they don't have any tables or chairs to sit down on inside - which I can't blame them since I wouldn't want to clean up cupcake crumbs all day either!) and quickly ate our cupcakes. Ellie preferred to frosting and I liked the cake part! I'm sure we looked quite ridiculous sitting along the wall with all of our strollers in the middle of Scottsdale but oh well. We split the black and white cupcake and the red velvet cupcake and both were fantastic. I know I will have to go back and try other flavors someday!

This afternoon Ellie decided she wanted to have a photo shoot. She insisted on wearing this shirt that my Dad and Debbie gave her and she was posing and everything. She came up to me and kept repeating "picture" until I pulled out the camera and she started posing for me. Of course during the smiling part of our little photo session - I didn't have my camera on the right setting. Go figure! I'm still wondering why she wasn't this cooperative in the family photo shoot but I guess that is to be expected.... she has a mind of her own!

4 comments:

Christina MC said...

Maybe she could supplement your income with modeling...Gap, Children's Place, eh? I still think the dark chocolate cupcake was my fav, though the strawberry was a very close second. Surprisingly, the peanut butter was overpowering and therefore my least fav.

Ashley Dent said...

I LoVe LoVe LoVe that shirt! Way too cute! Kodi had a similar style shirt from Pumpkin Patch, i was so sad when she outgrew it! She has such a cute smile!

Christine said...

Next month I am joining you guys in your little playgroup. I'm always one to "crash" the party. :) And I CANNOT wait to see the finished backyard. I'm so excited and as an added bonus it will give me something to do before I leave for the airport.

Rachael said...

Those are too cute! She needs to be my kid :) Jace only likes to pose when I'm taking someone else's pics - I actually think that started when I was taking Ellie's last year...