Saturday, December 06, 2008

1st Haircut

Yes Ellie is almost 22 months old and she just had her first haircut today! I was sick of the mullet look and decided it was time to even out her hair. The poor child just isn't getting her hair very fast. I think I jinxed her because my big fear in having a girl was how I was going to do her hair. Apparently that is not going to be an issue for a while since she is not growing hardly any! It seems to be coming in thicker before longer. And the sides are much shorter than the back! Well that is until I decided to take a hand at giving her a haircut....

I realize now that it's a good thing I didn't go to cosmetology school. I don't think I would have been very good at it! Anyway - in order to get her hair somewhat even on the sides and back... it had to go pretty short. I admit that she definitely has more of a boy cut right now! I'm going to have Rob's sister Erin who is in town this week try and fix it up a little bit for me. But at least the mullet is gone now! And her two cowlicks are really noticeable...



9 comments:

Claire said...

Cute!!! You did a great job. Bye Mullet!! We'll miss you! :D Natalie was telling me that cutting their hair is good for it though... so maybe now that Celia and Ellie have had their first hair cuts, they'll start to get some real hair!! Exciting news in our house today... Cecelia FINALLY has enough hair that I was able to put a clip in it, and it stayed!! Woohoo!!

Jamie said...

Love the hair cut. Your reason is so my reason for being scared to have a girl. I can hardly do my own hair everyday, how am I gong to do a girls?
PS. love the grass, yards are the best.
PSS. I can't believe you puked at the Turkey Trot (i'm sorry to hear that). You even beat my time (but I really suck at running), I can't believe I didn't see you, maybe I didn't recognize you with all that hair. He he, JK, you know I'm jealous of it!

Ashley Dent said...

Seriously, not too bad Lachelle! The first time I gave Brady a haircut he looked like Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber! I have been forbidden to even get close to Kodi's hair with scissors!

It looks thicker in the back, which is a good thing too!

The Becks said...

I think you did a much better job than you give yourself credit for. She looks cute. Now that you have actually cut her hair... you just wait... it is going to start growing like crazy. I don't know why that is. It seems cutting hair stimulates it to grow better. She looks cute. Aren't suckers the best hair cutting helper? Crew always gets one when we cut his hair. Works like a charm.

Nikki said...

She looks beautiful! I think you did a great job. Her hair looks so soft, and it's a gorgeous color. You've got a little beauty there.

Prepster said...

Well just so you know. I didn't have ANY hair except a RAT TAIL until I was 3 (people always thought I was a boy when I was little... it might also have been because of the hideous brown clothes my mom would sometimes dress me in... ahh the early 80s). Anyway, the point is- I don't think you have anything to be worried about. My hair once it did start growing in grew in in buckets. I had the THICKEST hair as a child. You have plenty of child hair-doing in your future I think :) Like it or not.

Christina MC said...

I think you did a great job. It almost looks like she has a bob, except for the longer hair inf rant part-cute sweater too!

Spitzer Family said...

AWWWW!! Your yard looks so beautiful! How exciting-you are going to LOVE having a play place right outside for Ellie!

The Blakes said...

You did a great job! I'm terrified of doing girls hair too. Do they teach lessons for that somewhere?

I love the yard too!