Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Behind!

I started out this month really on top of things! I was mostly done with Christmas shopping, cards were printed, goals were being checked off, etc. I thought I was going to have so much time for baking this year! Then we were down sick with colds and I'm still recovering. I am officially done with my Christmas shopping (although Costco photo center messed up on an order and I had to reorder) and my packages have all been sent off. I think that is still the earliest I have ever been done! It really helps to downsize on the holiday. :)

My Christmas cards still need to be addressed and sent out so if you haven't sent me your address - please do so! E-mail me at lachellebodine@gmail.com.

So while I have thought a lot about blogging, I keep getting distracted. I'll try and make up for it! I can totally tell my baby is entering the toddler stage. She is so much fun though! I am constantly cracking up at the silly things she does. For example, she found her swimsuit last week when I was trying to put away some of her clothes and insisted on wearing it. I finally gave in and let her play in the bath (since 70 degrees is too cold for me to pull out the kiddie pool). To think this child used to HATE the water.



Then the next day I had turned on the shower so it would warm up while I went to grab a towel from the dryer. Ellie had been happily watching tv but when I returned to the bathroom, this is what I found instead: Especially notice the "necklace" that she is wearing - everything these days seems to turn into a necklace.

Last week we had Rob's sister Erin's family in town from New York and we all went to the Mesa Temple to look at the lights. Ellie put on this headlamp flashlight around her neck and kept using it to take pictures (I have a camera I wear on my neck and she was copying me). So funny what goes through the mind of a child!

6 comments:

Becky said...

There's never a dull moment with a toddler! Glad you're feeling better so that you can enjoy Christmas more.

Paula said...

wow. she keeps you on your toes. so cute though. lydia is in the necklace phase too. everything goes around the neck. what is up with that?

Nikki said...

That is SOO CUTE!!! I can't believe she hopped into your shower fully clothed! So adorable. I'm so glad you got pictures of that. How fun will that be to scrapbook?!

Christina MC said...

I love the shower pic! Kids are so creative and love to imitate, which is definitely my most frequent form of entertainment these days. Merry Christmas!

The Becks said...

Okay, I have to giggle for more than one reason. First, 70 degree weather here means we ARE pulling out the kiddie pool in the yard! Right now we are in the negative temperatures at night and we are enjoying lots of snow. Second, I had to laugh at Ellie taking a shower in her jammies. Just the other day Crew figured out how to climg in to the tub I was filling up while I had my head turned. Same thing... fully dressed in blanket sleepers. He was like a screaming sponge while I was getting him stripped down. I was soaked by the time the battle was over. I am totally convinced we have kids to keep us laughing.

Spitzer Family said...

What a hilarious little squirt! She is at a really fun stage! I can't believe she got in the shower with her jammies on-too funny!! She is going to be a blast at Christmas this year!