Monday, December 22, 2008

Gymnastics and Gingerbread

We've had a really busy and fun week. On Thursday we met up with some friends at a great little gymnastics place for kids. Ellie had tons of fun jumping and walking along the balance beam and climbing through the tunnels. Everything was really toddler friendly and she loved it!




Later that same day I decided that we should make sugar cookies. And I remembered why I don't make these very often! But Ellie loved being able to use the cookie cutters and eat the dough and do the sprinkles. So it was worth it! But it'll be a while before I'm ready for that one again.


To top off our fun filled day - I received a wonderful flower delivery from Rob. Aren't these roses beautiful? (And of course my little model?)


Friday night we took her to see Santa again at Bass Pro Shop(only we just waved at him from a distance and she was much happier than the meetig the week before at the ward party). And then discovered that my favorite gelato place Angel Sweet has a new location in Mesa in the Riverview area! It made my day.

And Saturday, Rob and I finally got to see Twilight! I loved it. It's been so long since I've read that first book that I really didn't notice how closely it followed it. And I really wasn't too sure about the actors portraying the characters before the movie, but I really liked them all. It made me want to go and reread the books again!

Tonight we decorated gingerbread houses or rather just one house. I decided to just buy one of those kits and I think that was a smart choice. Ellie had fun putting on just as much candy on the house as went in her mouth! The house isn't very pretty but that's okay - it was fun to make.


And we let her open one of her presents early...The Little People Zoo set. It's so cute! It has 26 animals (one for every letter of the alphabet). She's in heaven already and it's not even Christmas day yet. I love how she knows exactly what to do with a present now too!

3 comments:

Ashley Dent said...

How much fun are you having!? I love it! AND...I had no idea you read Twilight! I am so excited! I'm addicted, for sure! They did a fabulous job following the book huh? I was really impressed...and Edward does kinda grow on you.

Holly said...

Hi Lachelle, It is Holly, Ben's wife. We just got you Christmas Card the other day so I wanted to check out your blog. I just started Blogging a little while it is a blast. Your family is adorable, and I can't believe your gorgeous yard, especially considering the date you had it done! We are having a white Christmas here in Boise but I am loving it! Enjoy your holidays and Have a Merry Christmas.

Christianne said...

Hey Lachelle. That toy you got elle is so cute. I had never heard of that toy before. I will have to put in on my wish list for next year.