Thursday, January 08, 2009

Christmas!

Yes I am very behind on my blog posting! And hopefully I didn't leave anyone out when we went private. I haven't edited any pictures yet but wanted to get back into blogging so here it is!

We were able to take a long vacation up to Utah over the Christmas "break". We arrived in Utah on Christmas Eve and spent that evening at my Aunt Misti's house with my dad and Debbie and brothers Kory and Trent and of course all of Misti's family. Since it was Christmas Day in Korea, we were able to talk to my brother Kevin (Elder White) for a while. After hanging out for a bit, Rob, Ellie and I headed back over to my Grandma/pa Robins house to sleep.

Santa came to Misti's house so we headed back down there about 8:30 in the morning to see what he brought. Ellie was quite overwhelmed that morning with all of the people that were around and the chaos that ensued. She had a few tears as we tried to get her to open new presents when she wanted to play with one that she had already opened. I think we learned our lesson that less is definitely more at that age! But she loved the two dolls and two baby doll strollers that she got. They were definitely the hit! My dad and Debbie gave her one set and Misti gave her the same set as Tempe (my cousin that is 3 months younger than Ellie). We spent the rest of the morning just playing with the new toys! If you've noticed the higher quality of pictures - it's thanks to the new camera that Rob surprised me with before Christmas. I Love it!! But I still need to learn all the tricks of using it.

Waiting to open presents

Elmo

Ellie and Tempe checking out the HSM dance floor


Having fun with the cousins

Riding on Uncle Kory's shoulders

3 of my 4 brothers

First look at the snow with Uncle Tysen


We finished off Christmas by going to see a movie that night (The new James Bond) with all of the adults. My cousin Sierra watched Ellie for us. It was crazy because by the time we came out of the movie - there was tons of snow on the car. I have forgotten what Utah winters are like! After watching that James Bond, we went and rented the one from a couple of years ago since Debbie hadn't seen it and we all needed a refresher. Ellie was wired from the day and wouldn't go to sleep until half way through the movie we discovered this little display:





I am going to try and catch up on my blog posting in the next few days - so keep checking back!

2 comments:

The*Evans*Family said...

I definitely need to do some blog updating too! Hopefully that will happen this weekend. What kind of camera did you get!? I love the bottom picture of Ellie. Do all kids sleep like that? Carson does too.

Kirsten Spitzer said...

Those pics at the enda re adorable. I miss finding McKinley like that! I am always taking pictures of her sleeping still, I don't know why, they are my favorite, though! Looks like you had a great Christmas!

ps-Can you please add me as a reader under my gmail-kirstenspitzer@gmail.com