Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Details

Since I've had a lot of people e-mail me asking me the same questions.... I decided I'm just going to answer them on here for inquiring minds.

How do you feel?
Unfortunately pretty much the same as I felt with Ellie. I wasreally hoping to be one of those people that had a completely different pregnancy experience! This time I was lucky enough to start getting sick at week 6 (instead of 7 with Ellie). I immediately went on a generic version of Zofran and Phenergran as soon as I started throwing up. These definitely limit the amount of times I throw up - but do not take away the horrible nausea. That stays with me ALL day but is worse in the afternoon and evening. So we do a lot of our active and busy stuff in the morning. I am a lot more tired this pregnancy also. I take naps whenever Ellie does and go to sleep before 10 most nights.

Does Anything Help?
The generic Zofran and Phenergran help and the only other thing to help is ironically eating. Food sounds and taste terrible to me but I've learned I HAVE to choke something down every 2 hours or I get even more sick. Such a struggle when I do not want to eat, the mere thought of food makes me gag, and I gag while eating most of the time and it's not guaranteed to stay down. I've been living on cereal, toast, bagels and Eggos. Carbs are my friend right now! Like last pregnancy - Slurpees are one of the few things I crave. Not sure why they taste so good when they are loaded with sugar but Ellie is enjoying the stops for Slurpees and Icees.

When are you due?
The doctor says October 19th is my official due date, we'll see when this little one will make their appearance. I say we're due around the middle of October.

Have you had an ultrasound?
Yes, we have already seen the little bean and he/she is measuring right on schedule. We also saw and heard the heartbeat.

Any inklings on whether it's a boy or a girl?
Rob is leaning much more towards girl while I haven't decided what I think yet. I keep calling the baby a "she/her" out of habit from last time and originally thought for sure it was another girl but have since become pretty neutral on what I think. I've had dreams about both boy and girl babies this time. So I'm just going to not think about it until we have the big ultrasound in a few months!

Do you want a boy or a girl?
This time I really don't care. I knew I wanted a girl first. I would love for Ellie to have a sister (especially since I never got one) and it would be great to use all of the clothes that we have already and all of that stuff. But a boy would be a whole new adventure and I could do more shopping for cute boy stuff! So either way we'll be happy. We just want a healthy baby!

What does Ellie think?
She talks a lot about "the baby in mommy's tummy" and spends a lot of time talking to my belly button. I don't think she really gets it but plenty of time to work on that one! She has been really good lately with a not so fun mom and I'm so grateful she is at an age where she is somewhat independent. It's been a huge help to me!

Do you have any names picked out?
Nope and we will probably decide on a name in the hospital so don't bother asking! :)

12 comments:

Claire said...

I'm still thinking girl... just in case you were wondering! :D

Andrea, Mrs. said...

While I've been lucky to avoid trips to the porcelain throne, I have been needing/craving carbs and sugar too. I try not to eat too much sugar, but it's everywhere where I work. I've been eating much more fruit, though, and that helps with the sugar cravings.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Oh, and I'm with you. Last night I had a dream about a boy baby. The night before I had a dream about a girl baby. I have NO IDEA what this kid is going to be.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I loved reading about everything you blogged. I feel bad that your sick and you know if you need an extra nap I can take Ellie and she can play with the girls. I LOVE having 2 girls bc like you said they have each other as sisters and best of all you can use all of Ellie's clothes. Although what ends of happening is you buy more clothes bc you want them to match...or maybe that's just me being a freak show with my girls matching:). I love the comment about the name. I certainly won't bug you since I totally remember that it took you a LONG time to really know Ellie's name.

kristenita said...

oh my gosh!!!!! congrats! I am sorry you are so sick, that stinks. :(

I guess I have been away from your blog for a while & I missed the announcement. congrats. take it easy - I was so much more tired with #2 as well - chasing a toddler probably does that to you. sleep when you can & eat those carbs, mama. I hope the sickness passes soon & yay for october!

The*Evans*Family said...

Hopefully you start feeling better soon! Feeling sick is the absolute worst. I can't wait to hear what you are having. October is the perfect time to have a baby. Nice weather to get outside once the babe arrives!!

Shae said...

What a cute post...CONGRATS! How exciting for you! I'm sorry you are sick! NO FUN! Hang in there! Can't wait to hear the gender...I loved having a boy second. It really is a whole new adventure!

The Becks said...

As for the last comment... so there with you. We never have had a name picked out and even if we ever did in the future, we certainly wouldn't spill the beans. There are too many name stealers out there!

Emilee said...

I'm with you- we pick names in the hospital! How exciting to have a new baby but I'm sad to hear that you're so sick. Hopefully it will pass quickly!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm delighted to hear you're going to find out what you're having...I get so antsy waiting! I'll be checking back to find out...until then, I hope you're feeling better!

Heather said...

I know this sounds bizarre, but it helped me and my sister and sister-in-law when I told them, but try sweettarts. It lowered the nausea a little bit.

Nikki said...

So sorry about the nausea. I hope maybe you'll find something that can help with that.