Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Zoo & Makuto's Island

I've been feeling guilty for all the time we have spent indoors lately since I don't feel good.... so last week we did a couple of adventures outside the house. Since the morning is the only time I feel okay - we did both things in the morning.

On Tuesday morning we headed to the zoo and met up with a friend my home ward in Washington, Michelle. We don't live too far from each other but have yet to get together and it was fun to finally meet her two little girls. Ellie liked playing on the Little People playground and seeing the animals and the new cave area that the zoo just put in. I had to pull her away from that area kicking and screaming! It was a little crowded at the zoo with many schools out on Spring Break and we only managed to see part of the zoo before I wasn't feeling well. We'll have to go back a few more times before it gets too hot!



On Friday morning we met up with some friend's at Makuto's Island in Chandler. Such a fun place! I think Ellie is still a little too young to enjoy a lot of it but she was quite happy crawling through tunnels and looking at the fish tank. Of course my camera battery died right when we got there but thanks to Amy and Christina.... I have a few pictures of the day!




A couple of weeks ago we went to Funastics again. I love this little gymnastics place! Ellie did the balance beam a ton and loved hanging and flipping upside on these rings.

4 comments:

Terra said...

congrats on baby #2!

Michelle said...

We had fun at the zoo with you guys. Lydia randomly will say things to me like, "Is Ellie coming to the zoo today?" or "My friend Ellie coming to our house today." We'll have to get together again sometime. Hope you are starting to feel better!

Emilee said...

Sounds like Phoenix has some fun, family-friendly places to visit!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Isn't the Zoo so fun with the new Little People area:). Ellie looks so cute hanging from the bars. Sorry that Brooklyn was kicking Ellie...or maybe it just looks like it in the picture:O.