Wednesday, April 08, 2009

12 Weeks Down

I'm finally at 12 weeks and still feel like I'm in a fog! Most people start feeling better at the end of the first trimester but no sign of that for me. And if it follows like last pregnancy - I have another 6 or so weeks of this. I'm pretty much sick and tired of feeling so miserable and have spent enough time with my toilet to last me a LONG time. I have no cravings right now, basically all food sounds terrible to me all the time. I do love Slurpees and any kind of soda though. It's weird because I am not a huge soda pop drinker until I'm pregnant.

On the positive side - in 5 weeks we will hopefully know what we are having! That gender ultrasound is definitely giving me something to look forward to and he/she better cooperate that day. Feel free to vote on the sidebar. We still have mixed thoughts on what we think we are having!

Another plus is this little one will have a cousin close in age! Rob's sister Erin is expecting and we are due the same week in October. It's too bad they live across the country right now but hopefully they move back to Arizona at some point!

Eliza is becoming more and more entertaining each day. She loves to sing! We probably sing "Popcorn Popping", "Old MacDonald", and "Twinkle, Twinkle", 20 times each day. But my personal favorite is in church when we are singing hymns. For some reason she decides to sing at the top of her lungs her own words and her own tune. I'm sure we entertain people around us. And I should probably start teaching her more of the hymns so she can actually sing with us! She loves to play on the piano what she calls her "happy song" (a bunch of random notes and chords that drive the dogs crazy). I really need to pull out the video camera and get these things recorded. That's the only downside to my camera - it doesn't have a video recording option!

Here are a couple of pictures I took at 12 weeks. It's hard to tell from the pictures but I already look bigger than I did last time at 12 weeks. It's amazing how fast I popped out with this one! I start off the day pretty small and then by the end of the day - I definitely have a bump. I've been avoiding going shopping for maternity clothes but I think I need to soon - especially since it's already getting into the 90's here and I have nothing that is cool enough to wear!

7 comments:

LaurenOpie said...

lol your idea of a bump cracks me up!! But I can tell... sort of... but it will def be one those pictures you'll back at when you're 30 weeks going, "MAN!!!" LOL, I know that's what I did anyway. Sorry you're so sick still, that's the worst. Hope the next 5 or 6 weeks pass quickly for you~!

Christina said...

Yeah seriously - you can hardly classify that as a bump! BTW, I tried to take the poll and it gave me an error message...

How exciting to find out soon!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I agree with the other two comments! That's a seriously cute "bump". :-) Sorry you feel so crappy though. Here's to hoping it goes away sooner rather than later. Oh, and I voted for a girl!

Erin said...

Yeah, your baby bump looks like how I look normally, when I've lost the weight--lol! I have no idea what you'll have, but I'll vote still. I find out next wednesday, can't believe 20 weeks is almost finally here! Hope you feel better sooner than 6 weeks!

tannerin said...

Ok I know we are due the same week but at this point I look like I am 6 weeks further than you! Good thing I am on the other side of the country. If you want to hold off on the maternity cloths buy a bellie band. I love mine. I can unbutton my pants and no one knows. I wish I had one for Thanksgiving dinner.

Emilee said...

That is the tiniest 'bump' I've ever seen! I sure hope you feel better soon.

Spitzer Family said...

You are hilarious-and so tiny and cute!! You've gotto video Ellie singing her songs-We were just watching some videos of McKinley at that age singing and I can't believe how big she has gotten, I am so glad I have those moments trapped on tape forever!