Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend 2009

We had a packed full Easter weekend!

We started it off on Friday by going to my friend Amy's house with some friends and dying Easter eggs. I was really grateful that she organized it because I was thinking the egg coloring wasn't going to happen this year while I feel so sick!




After the egg coloring, we headed to Golfland for the free Easter Egg hunt. I don't recommend going to that one! We waited in line for an hour and then found out that they weren't really giving that many eggs out. So we grabbed lunch (that I am pretty sure gave me food poisoning) and headed home. I can't believe we lasted so long in line with our girls!

Saturday we took Ellie to Bass Pro Shop to see the Easter bunny. She loved seeing him and was so excited but after the lines we stood in on Friday, we opted not to stand in line for a picture. We just waved at him and called it good!

Today Ellie got all dressed up in her really pretty Easter dress and while she didn't let me brush her hair, she did put in a headband and kept it in most of church! I was shocked.


The Easter Bunny came while we were at church so we did a little egg hunt in the backyard after we came home. Ellie was very excited with her basket and finding eggs (although we had to show her what to do at first).



This evening we went to Rob's parents house for another egg hunt and Easter dinner. Ellie loves being with her cousins and had lots of fun gathering eggs now that she had the concept down. She has eaten plenty of candy already and has plenty more for the rest of the week. It has now joined the "potty training" candy since I'm hoping to get her fully potty trained in the next couple of months.



Even with all of the fun of having a child to enjoy the Easter bunny and excitement of egg hunts with, I'm even more grateful for the true meaning of this Easter holiday. It always reminds me of my time spent in Jerusalem and sitting in the Garden Tomb area and contemplating on the life of the Savior and all of His sacrifices on my behalf.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ellie looks so cute in her Easter dress! And you're one brave mommy for potty training while you're morning sick. Good luck with that!

Claire said...

I love her Easter dress!! And is that a Seahorse I see in those pictures??? What does she think of it? Celia LOVES hers.

Nikki said...

She's so cute! I love her smile. Hey, where did you get your trampoline? I've never seen a big padding like that before and I really like it.

Kerrie said...

Wow! What a fun busy weekend. I didn't even attempt at coloring eggs this year. I'm glad Amy was there for you! Good luck and congrats with your pregnancy! Hope the sickies go away soon!

Rachel said...

I'm so behind on your blog and I just found out you're pregnant - CONGRATS! Ellie looks so cute in her Easter dress. Hope you're feeling human!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Dido on the whole Golfland experience!! I was amazed at how well our girls did and happy that the girls were able to color easter eggs. Ellie's easter dress is darling and her headband is so cute. She is such a cutie!!! It looks like Ellie got the hang of hunting for Eggs:).

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

I love the little easter dress! Girls are the BEST aren't they? I know what you mean about the hair combing though...we are at the same stage. I have to sit her in front of the mirror and say "See! Pretty!", then she stops sniffling long enough for a clip at least :)

Brenda said...

What a cutie! She really is growing up.