Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Concert & Getting Older

I feel like I'm really at the end of the pregnancy sickness. I haven't thrown up or had to take my medicine in over a week now! I still get a little nauseated at night time but it's not nearly as bad as it was before so I can't complain.

I celebrated my 29th birthday this last weekend. I have to admit that I'm not such a fan of Sunday birthdays which is probably why we're extending the celebration!

On Saturday night, my friend Claire invited me to the No Doubt concert at Cricket Pavillion. One of her friends won a bunch of tickets in a radio contest and they had an extra one. We went to dinner at Carraba's and I had a yummy birthday dessert at the end. Then we went to the concert. It was a perfect night for a concert. We had quite the entertainment around us as our seats were in the lawn! We had four pregnant girls sitting on one blanket and tried to not inhale too many of the cigarette and other fumes around us.... I really hadn't heard of the opening band Paramore but knew quite a few of their songs. And No Doubt was AMAZING! It brought me back to Junior High days but it was fun and they are a really entertaining band and Gwen Stefani does a good job of not taking over the whole group.

Sunday morning (my actual birthday) I woke up to these beautiful roses from Rob. They are the most interesting color but I love them!

We celebrated later that day with a steak dinner and cake and ice cream at Rob's parents house. This weekend we're going to take a little road trip and leave Ellie with Grandma/Grandpa. That's my real birthday present! A day off from being a mom will be a wonderful birthday present.... as much as I love my daughter. :)

We celebrated Memorial Day with a bbq and pool party. Of course the pools were the kiddie ones in my backyard but that's okay. We had my uncle Vern and Natalie and Steffani and her girls along with Rob's parents, grandma, brother Warren and wife Melissa and their kids. I'm loving having a backyard that we can actually enjoy! (Even if I do need to catch up on the weeding). I don't know what we did the last 4 years without it being completed!

Ellie and I have had some fun playgroups lately too but I've been really lazy about bringing my camera. We're excited to start swimming lessons next week and spending as much time in the water as we can this summer!

And I needed to record some of the phrases that have been coming out of her mouth lately.
- She's started to tell me "five more minutes" whenever I ask her to do something.

- Another favorite phrase is "going to work, see ya" as she grabs my purse or any other object with a handle. Kind of funny because she's not usually awake to see Rob grab his briefcase and go to work.... so not really sure where that comes from!

- Numerous times a day she will run up to me and tell Rob or I "I need a hug" and then proceed to give us a huge hug (this is probably my favorite).

-She is also very aware of who her friends are and I constantly hear how she loves "Blooklyn"(Brooklyn), Hailey, or Lala (E*). She doesn't necessarily say their names right but that's okay - she knows who they are!

-She has really taken a liking to babies and most especially my cousin Steffani's little girl Kimber. All of her baby dolls are now named "Kimber" and she is constantly reminding me of how soft you need to be with babies and how sweet they are and how cute they are. She is very concerned with any baby "cryning". Gives me hope that she will be nice to her new baby sister when she comes later this year! (Especially since she still thinks she is getting a baby brother!)

- Ellie likes to tell me when she is scared. She has used this to try and get out of going to bed or taking a bath though (A little too smart for her own good).

- She is constantly counting things up to 10. The alphabet is still done with her own variations of the middle letters - so funny.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

fun times...i went to a no doubt concert and it was really good. i'm glad you got to celebrate for many days! i can't believe how old ellie is getting. she is funny!

Kandis & Derek said...

Such a cutie! Happy Birthday!

The Wiser Side said...

What a smart cookie you have there!! and happy birthday-glad it was fun!

Spitzer Family said...

Ahh-so much fun stuff going on for you guys right now!!! Ellie is at SUCH a fun age! Congrats on having another girl-that is going to be so much fun!!!