Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sleeping, Sleeping and Trouble

Ellie's been starting to not want to nap every day. BUT we've been so busy that she usually does end up falling asleep at some point in the afternoon or going to bed really early. She's not ready to go without a nap yet! I've caught her in the funniest positions lately and have tried to capture some of them on camera.

In her room at night I've caught her sleeping with ALL of her stuffed animals, with toys in her hand, or sleeping on the floor:


One afternoon I put a show on in my bedroom and came back to find her sleeping on the edge of my bed with her legs hanging over:


Or sleeping at the very bottom of my bed stuck between the mattress and the foot of the bed:

Or sleeping with her hands up on her face:


When she's not sleeping and I'm trying to get her to take a nap, I usually find her getting into trouble... like this mess with baby powder (that was stuck clear at the TOP of her closet and she managed to climb up and get down):



Or just having fun sneaking food into my room to watch one of her shows on tv:


Helping me make treats:

Or reading stories to the dogs or her stuffed animals:


We finished up our month of swimming lessons last week and Ellie improved a ton over the second session. She is a little daredevil now and got in trouble for trying to run and jump in the pool when I wasn't there to catch her! We're going to skip the next session of lessons and try again towards the end of July. Of course it started back up with the normal 100+ heat this last week so I'm wishing we were going to be in the pool everyday...

And tomorrow marks exactly 4 months or 16 weeks until this baby girl is due to arrive. I know it's going to fly by! I'm starting to make my lists of the things I still need to get for a second baby and the things I need to do (mainly figure out to arrange toys and furniture in our small house). Should keep me busy!

3 comments:

Paula said...

what is it about a sleeping child that is so dang cute? Ellie looks like she is keeping your hands full for sure.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Ellie cracks me up. She is so cute in all the places she sleeps. The best is the powder mess. Of course she was having a great time but I am sure you weren't having fun cleaning it up. I am so excited for you to have another baby girl. You look great!!!

Anonymous said...

oh I so have had the same thing with the baby powder! Johnathon gets his hands on it when it is high up or hidden, how he finds it I don't know! But as soon as he does he has the room and himself covered in it!