Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summertime Catch Up

Summertime is in full force and keeping us busy! I haven't taken very many pictures lately but I needed to get this somewhat caught up. So excuse the very long post with not many pictures but I needed to document stuff for myself.

In order to keep myself in some sort of shape this pregnancy, I decided to join a gym for the next few months. It's been wonderful to be able to workout in an air conditioned space and I haven't been dealing with as many pregnancy leg cramps or soreness and I'm liking that part! And Ellie is adjusting to being left in the kid's club area a few times a week. She wasn't sure what to think at first but doesn't cry when I leave her now and constantly reminds the workers that I'm coming back. I specifically picked a gym with a swimming pool so I can hopefully keep working out in the later months!

After we hit the gym in the mornings, we've been heading to swim lessons. Ellie is doing soo much better this time around! Since she's only 2 and we're doing lessons through the City of Mesa, I still have to get in the water with her and work on it all with her(not too bad when it's so hot out anyway). It's so amazing what a difference a year makes! Now I can hardly get her out of the water (last year she cried and screamed every day). She has had fun the last two weeks playing with her friend Brooklyn in the same class and is getting more and more brave. Her least favorite part is when I help her float on her back! Lots of screaming and kicking is involved. We're signed up for another 2 weeks of lessons so maybe she'll master that skill. She's far from being able to swim on her own but it's a nice break in the day and makes her tired enough for a nap each day!

I decided to try out the Harkins Summer Movie Pass with Ellie this summer. I know lots of theatres do this but it's basically a program where you pay $7.00 and get into 10 movies for the summer. They are all G and PG movies and older ones but it's still a good deal. I was wondering how Ellie would do since she doesn't even sit through a whole movie at home but so far she's done better than I thought. It helps that we go with one of her friends I think! And I bring lots of snacks. We missed the first week but have seen "Nim's Island" and "Horton Hears a Who" so far. It's been worth the money so far and maybe by the end of the summer Ellie will actually sit through an entire movie...

Rob can't seem to catch a break with his health lately and a couple weekends ago we ended up in the Urgent Care office again. This time he was having breathing problems and his regular doctor sent him to get some chest x-rays and breathing treatment done at Urgent Care since they were worried he had a collapsed lung. Thankfully they weren't collapsed and with some breathing treatments his oxygen levels went back up. No one could give us a good reason for why his recent cold or allergies caused this but it was scary! He had to go to Hawaii this last week for 4 days (rough life, huh) and check on one of his Reps out there for work. I wish I could have gone with him but June is really expensive for last minute Hawaii tickets so that didn't happen. Ellie is enjoying her new Hawaiian dresses and I'm enjoying the chocolates he brought back today.

I'm feeling much better lately with just a bit of nausea and heartburn each night. I had a check up last week and I'm measuring exactly on track and the heartbeat is right where it should be. I feel her kick a ton now which is always fun and Rob and Ellie have felt the kicks too now. I'm really trying to enjoy this stage of pregnancy because I can still move around pretty well and am not too uncomfortable yet!

Ellie is continuing to amaze me every day with something. Lately it seems like her imagination has taken off in a whole new direction and it's coming out in what she says to me and the things she wants to play. This last week she decided she wanted to have a picnic and dragged a blanket into the kitchen with some of her toys and spent a good 20 minutes talking to them all. She's been wanting to dance with me around the house a lot. Or have me march with her like we are in a parade. And pretend she is a princess and I'm a queen. It's never boring at our house (especially with her fascination of getting into all my lotion no matter where I try and hide it).

4 comments:

Claire said...

Celia hates the back float part of swim class too... :P I can't wait to see pictures of Ellie in her new Hawaiian dress.

Brenda said...

We decided that the movies was a great idea too. What day do you go?
Your awesome to start going to the gym. I'm just hoping to go for a walk while we still have these cool nights.

Christina MC said...

It seems like I haven't sen you in forever! I'm glad you are feeling better and that Ellie is enjoying swimming this year.

Nikki said...

She is such a cutie pie! I'm impressed with your exercise! Taking Ellie to swim lessons is probably a work-out too.

I would love those recipes you have for more green smoothies!