Saturday, June 20, 2009

Swimming, Swimming & More Swimming

This is my 8th summer in the hot Valley of the Sun and I've learned that pretty much the only way to survive the summers is to swim A LOT. I will say that we've been spoiled this June with lower temperatures than normal. But I still dream about a day when I have a pool in my own backyard in Arizona. At this point I'd even take a neighborhood pool. At any rate - we are still managing to do lots of swimming!

We have swimming in the backyard with friends in our kiddie pools<

Playing on the toys in the backyard in swimsuits:

Sneaking into the house with Brooklyn and climbing on the counters when done swimming




Swimming lessons:





And then yesterday we tried out Mesquite Groves in Chandler. It's a great little mini water park and totally cheap to get in. They had a lazy river, whirlpool, toddler slides and big kid slides, water contraptions that shoot out, etc. I didn't bring my camera in but it was a ton of fun. Ellie's favorite part was the lazy river where we sat on a tube together and floated around and tried to avoid the buckets that would dump water down every so often.

6 comments:

Kandis & Derek said...

Fun! I need to do more swimming. Its rained in Utah for 15 of the past 16 days so I'm jealous of all your sun! Ellie is sure getting big

Claire said...

Scott was telling me the other day that this has been the coolest June on record since 1913!! Isn't that amazing? I'm with you though, swimming is the only way to survive the heat, when it does come! Celia and I are going to need to come to this water park with you! I love lazy rivers!

Jessica said...

lazy rivers are my favorite!! it sounds like you've been BUSY. i think sophie would do a lot better with swimming lessons this year as well, but i don't want to fork out the money -- ethan and grace's lessons cost enough on their own!

we have been going to our YMCA pool every day we can this summer. it's been fabulous. summertime=the pool, to me. :)

Spitzer Family said...

It sounds like there are so many fun things to do where you live!! you are always off on some new adventure! It is probably so much fun having little playdates-the girls look like they are having the time of their lives!!

Amber said...

That is a big gripe of mine about Tucson...no good water parks!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

The girls and I have had so much fun swimming with you and Ellie this summer. Brooklyn loved swim lessons with her best friend:) We do need to go to the mesquite water park again! That is the best water park for kids:).