Friday, July 24, 2009

Snow Day at the Zoo & My Veggie Lover

Last weekend I got a flier from the Phoenix Zoo talking about their "snow day" that they were going to have at the zoo. They were going to be bringing in truckloads of snow for kids to play in and a bunch of snow and food for the animals to eat as well. Since we haven't used our zoo pass since April, I decided that it would be a good time to go and check it out! Our friends Karlie and Sam even met us there that morning. While it was an experience... I don't know if it is one I want to repeat for a while. Ellie wasn't too sure about playing in the snow, it was still way over 100 degrees, and very crowded. Not really good combinations for a pregnant lady! But all in the attempt of trying something new. And I will not be visiting that zoo until it is much cooler! I had my old camera in my bag so I got a few pictures but they turned out blurry... but it gives you an idea.




I snapped this picture of Ellie falling asleep on her floor in her room. I think she spent most of the night like this! Made me laugh.



And then we have evidence of my vegetable loving child! I was making dinner the other night and was going to steam some fresh broccoli. I went into the other room for a minute and came back to find Ellie going to town on the broccoli. I let her have this giant one and cooked the rest but I think she walked around for 10 minutes eating this large piece of broccoli. I'm glad she likes her veggies!

6 comments:

The Becks said...

That is quite a feat... a snow day in Phoenix in the dead of the heat! Love the picture of Ellie asleep in all of her toys. She must know how to play hard!

Brenda said...

Way to go Ellie! Eat those veggies! I know at my house we have some issues but broccoli is one of Tyler's favorites.

Spitzer Family said...

She is so stinkin' hilarious!! I love all the pictures of her falling asleep all over the place-that brings back soooo many memories! I have pictures like that, too. What a crazy, busy little gal!

Nicole said...

did that snow last for long??? broc loves veggies too...now if i just did...haha.. i can't believe ellie is so big!

kristenita said...

the broccoli cracks me up! that's awesome that she likes it so much.

Nikki said...

I'm sorry i keep forgetting to check your blog.... I'm kinda absent-minded if it doesn't show up on my google reader. But I laughed so hard at Ellie knawing on this HUGE chunk of broccoli! She is just too cute. Alex likes broccoli, too, but I'm not sure she ever ate it raw like this.

And snow at the zoo in Arizona in the middle of Summer? They're awesome. Pretty fun pictures.