Sunday, August 09, 2009

The End of a Long Week

I guess after last Sunday, I should have known it was going to be a rough week! But it's okay, we survived and are ready for the new (and hopefully much better) week ahead).

I had my monthly OB checkup last week and it was time for me to get the glucose test done. My doctor sends me home with the bottle of stuff to drink an hour before my appointment and of course they stress being on time for this appointment. I finished the drink an hour before my appointment and headed over to my Mother in Law's house to drop off Ellie in plenty of time. I stopped at the gas station on the way and the trouble started! After I filled up my tank, my battery decided to die on me. No warning whatsoever! And of course the jumper cables are in Rob's car not mine. I start asking everyone around me at the gas station if they have jumper cables and no one does. I'm starting to panic a little bit since I have to be on time for this appointment. I tried to call Diane and her line was busy. So I call up Rob in tears (even though he's across town and can't really help me) but he's able to get a hold of his mom. Only she's watching a lot of the grandkids that day so it's a little bit of a fiasco trying to get them covered and come rescue me. I finally am able to get a gas station attendent to jump my car for me (bless his heart!) and as soon as I get started again, Diane shows up to take Ellie for me. I didn't notice until after I had practically thrown her in the car so I could take off, that Ellie had peed all over the seat! Poor thing. She is pretty much potty trained but I was flustered and wasn't paying attention! I race over to my appointment and I'm about 15 minutes late but they still decide to do draw my blood and see if the glucose tolerance test works. Crossing my fingers it did and I don't have to go back for the 3 hour appointment. It was just a mess! Not a fun day in 114 degree weather for a highly emotional pregnant lady to have a dead battery.

On the plus side, my doctor did an extra ultrasound that day. I tried to get an additional confirmation that we really are having a girl but no such luck. The little stinker wasn't going to budge her legs. At any rate, everything is looking good. She's a little on the smaller side but not too surprising for me! I can't believe we're down to 10 WEEKS until my due date.

We did a few cleaning projects this week and Ellie was a great little helper. I can't do anything anymore without her wanting to help but it's nice that she wants to do so much. I rotated out some toys and brought back some old ones and Ellie was in heaven. She loves this Fisher Price Farm:




And one night this week, I let her lay on my bed and watch a cartoon and within minutes found her like this on the edge of my bed (notice the lotion on her arm, she always manages to find it no matter where I hide it):




She has been so tired lately and sleeping in a lot and not waking up easily at all. I'm enjoying that she is becoming more of a deep sleeper since she will be sharing her room in a few months and it'll be nice if she doesn't wake up. But it now takes me 30 minutes to wake her up in the morning! Such a new concept for me.


Thanks to my dad we have a new Webcam that actually works well! Ellie LOVES to see herself on the screen and asks everyday if we can talk to Papa and Debbie. Of course as soon as I try and get her to TALK when we have it on, she won't. And every other time of the day I can't get her to be quiet! But hopefully as we use it more she'll become more comfortable with it. It's fun to see Grandparents far away!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Lachelle, no fun!! We love the Fisher Price Farm at our house too. And Ellie should love that puzzle I mentioned on my blog. If not now, she will in a few months. Lydia loves to tell stories with it!

Hopefully your glucose test worked and you don't have to go back!

Jessica said...

what a nightmare! especially in that kind of heat. i'm glad everything worked out with the glucose testing. i wouldn't want to have to retake it, either!

the pics of ellie asleep on your bed are so cute. none of my kids have ever been able to fall asleep outside of their cribs!

Sarah W. said...

Oh Lachelle! That is miserable! I hope you don't have to retake the glucose test! Not fun being repoked every 3 hours! I was on semi-bedrest and needed to get out of the house so I ran to Frys to get some milk. I Ran out of gas in an intersection right in front of the grocery store... so here I was 7 1/2 months pregnant in July and NO ONE helped the fat pregnant lady push my car (it wasn't my van at that time)out of the way. Everyone just watched (probably in amazement) I did it on my own and walked to the store. LIVID! Completely understand the emotional frustrations you were going through! Sometimes it isn't the actual process of growing the baby that is the hardest it is life vs hormones!

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Only a woman who has been 9 months pregnant in August can fully sympathize with that story! I hope it cools off for you!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Dang! So sorry it all went ka-poo-ey on you all at once. At least they didn't make you redo the glucose test. Yay!

Nikki said...

I feel so bad about your horrible glucose day! I wish I could have been there to help you. I'm crossing my fingers that you don't have to go back for that again.

Ellie is so beautiful. I just love her pictures.

Hey, have you used up the ten spots to email people whenever you post? I don't want to take a family member's spot or anything like that, but if you've got some spots to spare, that would help me keep up on your blog. I'm always wondering about you and why it seems like forever since I've seen a new post from you. Du'h! I'll never grow those brain cells back.