Saturday, September 19, 2009

Arizona Museum for Youth

Last week we went with our friends Amy and Brooklyn and C & E to the Arizona Museum for Youth. I think I'm just about convinced that I need to buy a year long membership to this Museum! It's really close to the house and we had so much fun. They had this special "Munsters" exhibit going on right now where the kids were able to help build a monster, play in the glow in the dark area with dress up monster apparel, put on monster hands and feeds, and all sorts of stuff.





Ellie's favorite areas had to do with the coloring and then painting with water. I think she would have stayed in these sections for hours! Maybe I have a future artist on my hands?


And then of course the Artville section where they got to play on the slide, play in the pretend kitchen and with the food (my favorite is the girls in their aprons), and play with the dollhouse and make a craft.

It was a fun morning and Ellie is still talking about everything we did a few days later!

6 comments:

Claire said...

So this is a different museum than the Children's Museum right? Cecelia and I might have to come over and check it out.

LaurenOpie said...

We were here last week too! I am def considering a membership. It is so fun... but my favorite part is how cold they keep it! LOL it was the first place I was comfortable temperture wise in a long time.

Spitzer Family said...

What a fun museum-we used to go to one like that in Montana all the time, still have yet to find something like that here...You are always too busy-I was reading up on some of your past posts-man your life will never slow down, and you are such an amazing woman! Good luck with the last couple of weeks you have left before baby!

Michelle said...

Wow, it almost sounds like a different museum from when I went in April. It looks like they had something that Lydia would have enjoyed much more than the recycling exhibit when we went there. I mean, it was neat and fun and everything, but all Lydia really wanted to do was play in Artville. Maybe I'll have to get a culture pass and head on over again! :) Glad you enjoyed yourself so much!!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

The museum was lots of fun:). Ellie cracks me up with her huge hands. The picture of the girls with their aprons and baskets is too cute. Maybe they will all be great cooks when they grow up.

M said...

We bought a membership during the summer months. Worth EVERY penny!