Saturday, October 17, 2009

Welcome Chloe!

For those of you who haven't heard, we had our little girl on Wednesday, October 14th at 4:07 a.m. We named her Chloe Tenae Bodine and she was 6 lbs, 3 ounces and 20 inches long.

The short version of the birth story:
I was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday night but they ran out of room at the hospital so we had to go home and wait for them to call. Meanwhile I'm having tons of horrible contractions but didn't want to be sent home again so I just suffered through them. We got called back close to 2 a.m. on Wednesday and the nurse told me I was already at 5 cm dilated and in active labor! My doctor was in the hospital at the time so he broke my water. I wasn't too happy to be feeling the contractions even more! But I got my epidural 15 minutes after that. By 4:00 a.m. I was ready to push and 3 pushes later she was born. Sounds like such a fast delivery but I think it's because I did most of the laboring at home without planning on it!

I'm not sure if Rob is going to remember much of this birth. Since Tuesday he had been dealing with a root canal/infected tooth issue and spent most of Tuesday night in a great deal of pain and wasn't really with it. I think he woke up for the birth and then went back to sleep. And then spent most of the following morning getting his teeth fixed and the following two days dealing with the infection aftermath. Not such a fun time for him! And horrible timing.

Chloe doesn't look a thing like Ellie. It's kind of funny to us as parents! Ellie looked so much like Rob and Chloe definitely takes after my side the family. It'll be interesting to see what she looks like more grown up! Chloe has been a great baby so far. She hardly makes a peep and sleeps a ton. In fact the biggest complaint is that she sleeps too much and I have to spend a good deal of time trying to wake her up to eat and keeping her awake to eat!

Ellie loves being a big sister so far. She is very proud of her little sister and is really good about just looking at her and petting her head. She will hold her for 2 seconds and then be done for awhile. She's not quite sure how to share the attention nor does she understand that I can't really get up to help her when I'm feeding the baby and she has some slight jealousy issues...but nothing that I didn't really expect. And hopefully all of this will get better as we all learn how to have this new addition in our family!

A few pictures (I'm sure there will be many many more to follow!)

Last pregnancy picture








26 comments:

Claire said...

Ahhh! She's so cute I can hardly stand it. I can't wait to come take pictures of her for you!!!

Brenda said...

I have been thinking a lot about you! I'm glade everything went well, for the most part. She is beautiful! Her big sister looks so proud! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love ya!=>

LaurenOpie said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you, and so jealous. Glad to hear she's sleeping so well. And that Ellie's doing so good. I love her face in those pictures. Hope you and Rob are both recovering well!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!! I am glad that all went well. (I must admit that I think it funny that I picked the correct date she was born!) If you need something that we can get you let us know! We would love to help if you need it.

Christina MC said...

I love the pic of Chloe wailing while Ellie just calmly smiles for the camera. I'm glad that C is a good sleeper-hopefully that means you are getting some too. Call if Ellie needs to get out.

Jessica said...

what a cutie! and i lover her name! i hope you're getting some help (and sleep)! :)

JDS said...

Congrats!

Paula said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats. She looks like a doll. I hope you are recovering well and that the adjustment continues to go well. Wow-you have two little girls now.

Christina said...

She definitely looks more like you than Ellie does! Congrats!

Spitzer Family said...

Congrats-i'm so glad everything went so well for you guys! (Well, at least for you, not Rob ;) Enjoy that little bundle of joy!

Shanna said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you guys. I hope she stays such a good sleeper. Can't wait to see more pictures!! Love you guys :)

Becky said...

Congratulations ~~ What a beautiful little baby! (And we hope Rob feels better soon!)

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Congratulations!! I love the name you chose and she is absolutely adoreable!!

Shae said...

Congratulations...she is adorable! I'm glad the delivery went well!

Kandis & Derek said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely precious!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I am glad it all went so well and so fast - and it happened on its own :) She is a small little thing, and so precious!

The Hall's said...

Congrats! May the sleeping gene continue and the hope that Ellie stays happy with being the big sister. She's adorable! Hope you're doing well!

Jolynn said...

Congrats. She look darling.

The*Evans*Family said...

I just love new babies!! She's darling. Congratulations!

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Congrats to everyone! She's just a beautiful as her mamma (you look pretty fabulous in your post-partem pic, Lachelle). Hope to catch up with all four of you in real life sometime.

Libby said...

congratulations! such a darling little girl. good luck with the weeks to come- may they be peaceful!

Emilee said...

She is beautiful & quite an impressive delivery!!

The Wiser Side said...

What a trooper! She is a doll. And Lachelle you look amazing! Trav has had that infect root canal stuff and says it's worse than a root canal-poor Rob!

Rachel said...

You are awesome for handling much of the labor on your own! She's beautiful!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Chloe is darling. I love the picture of your girls together:). How exciting that she is here and that everything went so well. I feel bad that Rob was in so much pain during you giving birth. Aren't you suppose to be the one in pain and your husband is suppose to be helping you out lol. I am so happy that I was able to go to the hospital and see her.

Nikki said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Congrats on her finally arriving! Sorry I've been out of it... I know she's already two weeks old and I'm just barely seeing this. We were traveling. Anyway, she's gorgeous and I love the pictures of Ellie and Chloe together. So sweet.

I also love the pictures of Ellie falling asleep with fuzzies and then stickers all over herself! So cute!!!