Sunday, April 18, 2010

Utah Trip 2010 - Take 2

Rob flew home on Monday morning after Easter but I stayed an extra couple days with the girls. That day my dad and Debbie took us to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum. It was a rainy day and spring break for most Utah kids but Ellie loved it!
There was tons to do but her favorite section was the balls area where you could stick plastic balls down different tubes and they went flying out all over. She collected and stuck them down different tubes over and over again and convinced Grandpa Snow White to help her a lot!




They had a great water playing section, a farm area with a huge horse and tractor to drive, a garden, and a rock climbing wall.





Ellie loved the little tree house with the teeny furniture and look out window and the real helicopter stationed upstairs on the deck.





We were finally able to drag Ellie away from the fun museum and ran over in the rain to Bear Country Cookies for a couple cookies to hold us over until we met up with my brothers Kory and Tysen for dinner in Provo that evening.

We ate at California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and then went over to Tysen's apartment to watch the NCAA basketball game final.

The next morning I was able to meet my old roommate Jen for breakfast at Magelby's Fresh which was fun to catch up for a little bit - even though it was freezing outside and had snowed the night before!

Debbie drove back down to Arizona with me and we arrived home about midnight on Tuesday night and she flew back to Washington the next morning. While I'm not a fan of 11 hour drives in the car with 2 kids - they actually did really well and we had no serious problems so I can't complain too much. Just took me a LONG time to recover!

No comments: