Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mom


I will be the first to admit that I usually don't read other people's blog posts around Mother's Day. It gets a little depressing to me to read about everyone else and how they still have their mom around. Not that I'm bitter about it since I know that my family is forever and I will see my mom again someday...But I still miss her each and every day! And with her anniversary of her passing and Mother's Day so close together... it's a rough time for me every year. I don't have very many pictures with my mom in them and this one was taken on my wedding day when my mom was really really sick. Just another reminder to me of how much my mom loved me because even though I now know just how sick she was, she never complained and worked so hard to make my wedding day perfect. She doesn't really look like the mom I remember in that picture but I can still tell how happy she was to be there for me on that important day! And I'm so grateful that she was there since there were many times that I wasn't sure she would make it to that point in her battle with cancer.

I'm extremely grateful for my wonderful mother and everything that she taught me. I'm sad that my girls don't get to enjoy her company here on this earth, but I have no doubt that they knew her before. And I live every day to try and be a quarter of the woman my mom was! The kids were ALWAYS put first and she was so patient and loving and helpful to us. I know I fall short on this more often than not! But I'm learning and growing and hopefully becoming a better mom all the time.

I'm so lucky to be blessed with two of the sweetest little girls that put up with all my imperfections and love me unconditionally! It's a true joy to watch them learn and grow and to be in their presence. Being a mom is really the best - even on the hardest of days... I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My baby brother did a nice tribute to my mom on his website: kevinewhite.blogspot.com

And a music video done of my mom can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN4yseT1ltM

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Your such an amazing woman!! Thanks for sharing such a sweet message about your beautiful Mom.

Michelle said...

That is sweet Lachelle. Your mom was definitely an amazing person and still is! I went and read Kevin's tribute, and it is touching also. I think that you resemble your mom in the picture he posted of your parents. I had never really thought that until I saw that picture of her, but I see it overwhelmingly now.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

What a beautiful post of you and your mom. I think of you often and especially how difficult Mother's Day is for you. How wonderful that you were able to reflect on your mom and what a beautiful picture of you and your mother. She raised an amazing daughter and although I didn't know her she was an amazing women. How blessed you are to have 2 beautiful daughters to raise:).

Jessica said...

what a lovely tribute. your girls are lucky to have you for a mom.

The Becks said...

I love reading the tributes you give to your mom. She was one of the most remarkable women I have ever or will ever know. I have so many fond memories with her in them. Wow, what and exemplary individual she was.

Tristen said...

What a sweet post, this made me cry. Thanks so much for the reminder that it's such a blessing to be here with our kids, right now. Thanks again.