Sunday, June 06, 2010

30th Birthday in Disneyland - Take 2

Monday May 24th was the big day - my 30th! My dad went and grabbed some donuts to help start the day off right. Then drove us to the gate and dropped us off and drove back and ran back (thanks Dad). I got a Disney Birthday button which was fun to have people tell me Happy Birthday all day long. We headed to the kiddie rides and were disappointed that some of them already had huge waits. But Ellie didn't care and we were able to skip them! We did do Dumbo and the carousel and then headed to a new section of the park. The rest of the day - we hardly waited more than 15 minutes for any ride.





And with using FastPasses - we really didn't spend much time in line at all. Another great day! I decided that I didn't want to stand in the line to meet the Princesses (since we already had a picture with Cinderella) and I don't think Ellie noticed. (Maybe I'm mean but I hate lines!).





Things were going so well that day that we didn't even leave to eat dinner. We just relied on our snacks to keep us going! And we went on all of the rides that we wanted to do (besides Splash Mountain that was closed). Ellie even got to dance with Princess Tiana!





The girls were able to meet Tigger and Pooh (a highlight for Ellie - she did ask me why they couldn't talk to her... ha ha).





We visited Pixie Hollow:




And convinced Ellie to ride the Matterhorn (she was terrified):

Watched the parade from Grandpa's shoulders:

Tried to pull out the Sword in the Stone:


Rode the carousel one last time or tried to eat paper:


And took the requisite picture in front of Disneyland:





Such a great day. We finally decided we were done about 8:00 p.m. and started to head home. My dad picked up a cheesecake for my birthday from the Cheesecake Factory and we ate fajitas at the condo followed by yummy White Chocolate Raspberry cheesecake. And once again - we all slept great after a long exhausting day at the park! Best birthday present ever.

Tuesday meant it was time to go home - but not before a little bit more fun. We went swimming in the morning and the girls loved swimming with Grandpa Snow White and Grandma Debbie. Then we hurried and packed up everything and had a quick lunch at Rubio's before the drive home.

It was a great weekend and a great way to celebrate my birthday. And we loved having the grandparents there to enjoy it with us and help us out also! Thanks for coming with us Grandpa Snow White and Grandma Debbie. And thanks to my wonderful husband who went along with the whole plan and didn't complain!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad that you had such a wonderful birthday!! It cracks me up that Ellie calls your dad "Grandpa Snow White." Too funny!

The Hall's said...

What a fun birthday! How awesome that the grandparents could come too. I'm convinced that the only way to really do Disney is to have helpers...that way everyone gets to play! Happy belated birthday!

Claire said...

Such a fun trip. Best way to spend a birthday! Glad you realized it wasn't worth the hassle to wait in line for the princesses. Such a waste of time in my opinion! So many other fun things to do at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Uffens Family said...

What an awesome birthday weekend!!!! Welcome to 30!!! :) You are absolutely gorgeous and I love seeing pictures of those adorable little girlies. Disneyland is best with grandparents :)

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

I turn 30 this summer too but I didn't think of a great trip like you did! I'll be 8 months pregnant by then so I guess we'd be grounded anyways. It looks like a blast. I'm getting the itch to take my girls there. Maybe next year.

Terra said...

Happy Birthday! That's a great idea to spend your 30th birthday at Disneyland.

Erin said...

Happy late birthday Lachelle! You have the same birthday as my brother and sister (Jon & Janae). Looks like Disneyland was a blast - how fun that you guys all went!

The Shumate Family said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like SO much fun! Disneyland is definitely one of our favorite places on earth! You have such a cute family!

Emilee said...

Happy late birthday! What a fun celebration! And don't worry, I didn't even tell my girls that it was an option to wait to see the princesses. We just watched for them over the walls and caught a glimpse of them as they were doing a 'shift' change.

The Wiser Side said...

So fun!!! Looks like a great birthday. Disneyland really is a magical place.