Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

Oh how I love the Halloween season! Even though I wasn't quite as into it this year as I have been in the past (due to moving at the beginning of the month)...we still managed to fit in tons of fun stuff.

The middle of last week we had our ward's Truck or Treat party. Eliza was Sleeping Beauty this year and she has worn this costume almost nonstop since it arrived in the mail last week! I didn't feel like going on a hunt or fitting in the budget for a new costume for Chloe so she got to be a pink butterfly since we had it from Ellie wearing it as a baby. Anyway - back to our new ward's Halloween party. They had a chili and brownie cook off, face painting, carnival games, a costume parade and of course the trunk or treat! I was impressed that Chloe willingly kept most of her costume on during the party.




On Saturday we decided to carve our pumpkins that we got from the pumpkin patch/farm last week. Rob didn't want to participate so I got stuck doing most of the work and let's be honest - I'm not a great pumpkin carver! Eliza just stuck lights in her pumpkin. Next year we're going to get the Mr. Potato Head pumpkin attachments.





We finished off our celebrations by going over to some neighbors/ward members house for dinner and then a quick round of trick or treating in the neighborhood. It has been amazing weather - everyone told us to expect snow by Halloween but we've been enjoying 70 degree temps during the day. And tonight it was only in the 50's for trick or treating - not too bad! Rob and Chloe stayed home since Chloe has a cold and was in no mood or condition to be outside. I tried to get her and Ellie together for a picture and you can see the tears rolling down her face. Poor thing! Hopefully she feels better soon. (First picture is how happy she was earlier this week). And ONE of these days I will get a picture of my girls with both of them looking at the camera and smiling. One Day!!


4 comments:

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Your girls look so cute! We wish you still lived in AZ!

Christina MC said...

E was Aurora too. Sounds like your trunk or treat was super fun.

Spitzer Family said...

Super cute!! How are you liking Colorado? I wish I lived there!! Just thinking about you.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I love Ellie's Halloween costume. So cute! Brookie says hi to Ellie. She's standing here next to me asking if she can come play with Ellie. Your girls are so adorable and I remember Ellie wearing Chloes costume. We have a picture of the girls together:)