Friday, October 15, 2010

Life in Colorado

So far we are loving our new life in Colorado! We headed out here on September 28th with the help of Rob's dad and brother and a big ol' Penske truck. I didn't get a last picture in front of our house or of the moving truck. Oops. I was a little upset to be leaving the house that we have brought 2 babies into and started our married life together in! Luckily we still own it and we have great renters in it right now taking good care of it for us.

Anyway - we arrived late on September 28th and just unloaded stuff to sleep with that night. The next day we got the truck all unloaded. The unpacking part is still ongoing but we're making good progress.

We're very happy in our new neighborhood and the girls are enjoying our backyard while the weather is amazing right now. We're lucky to have lots of kids in the neighborhood and even some that live directly behind us. Ellie has been talking through the fence to the kids behind us and the mom and I are working on a playdate so they can play in person soon!





We've spent lots of time as a family and enjoying the beauty of Colorado Springs. Rob works right down the street from the beautiful Garden of the Gods so we've driven through a few times and had a picnic lunch there and plan to do some hiking soon.


Here are a few pictures of our new house (the rooms we have somewhat finished unpacking although decorating is still ongoing). My favorite by far is the basement aka girl's playroom. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have all the toys in one space! We're still getting used to so much space since this house is twice the size as our last place.







6 comments:

Brenda said...

It's good to hear you made it safe. You've got a cute house which I'm sure you will make some great memories in. Enjoy your new neighbors and friends.

Jen said...

I love the pics of the house! Its fun to see where you now live. :)

Christina MC said...

It looks so spacious. Enjoy!!

kristenita said...

yay!! looks like a great house & I'm glad you're liking my colorado. take care of it for me!!

Shae said...

Love the house! And I am so impressed with how unpacked you are!! I'm still working on that! I'm glad you love it there!

Ted and Hilery said...

The layout of your house looks very similar to mine. We really like it. Your girls are getting so big!