Sunday, March 20, 2011

Denver Zoo

On Tuesday morning, we had plans to take Trevor and Mitchell up to the Denver Airport so they could catch a plane home. My dad called me that morning and told me that Debbie's daughter had gone into labor almost a month early and that Debbie would flying in that evening to the Denver Airport (her daughter lives about 40 minutes away from me) and wondered if there was a way we could help Debbie get to the hospital. Since we were already going to be up in Denver and I didn't want to make two trips to the airport (the airport is over an hour away and through toll roads!)- we decided to kill some time between airport runs by checking out the Denver Zoo!

We loved the Denver Zoo (although I think I like the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs more!). The girls loved seeing the lions up super close, riding the little train, and just taking our time going through the zoo and stopping for snack breaks along the way. It was a little chilly when we arrived at the zoo but by the time we left it was close to 70 degrees.




After checking out the zoo we went to dinner at Panda Express before going to get Debbie from the airport and taking her to the hospital and heading home for the night.

No comments: