Sunday, November 13, 2011

September Happenings

September was a busy month! I started off the month by doing a race that I trained for all summer long with some friends. My friends Julie, Katie, Kellie and I participated in the American Discovery Trail Marathon Relay. This is my kind of relay! Basically we ran a full marathon but split up among the four of us. It was my first race that I've run in Colorado and the elevation is no joke but it went well and I'm excited to do some more races next summer and hopefully do this one again! I had the last leg of the race and only had 4.2 miles to run but the other girls on my team had been kicking butt and I knew I had to do well to finish us off strong. Even though I got sick about a mile into my run - I still managed to finish my portion in 38:39! Our girls team finished in 4:01 and we took 3rd place in the Women's Relay. I only got this one picture and it's not a great one because I'm on the phone with Rob (who never made it to the finish line with the girls because we ran too fast!) and I had just finished running! I was all excited to sign up for more races this fall but then pregnancy sickness set in so running was out of the question but next year for sure!


After the race, Eliza started preschool and then Soccer Buddies. I started getting REALLY sick with this new baby and tried to get out of everything I could but let's face it - I'm still the mom of two busy kids!

We did celebrate Rob's birthday in September: (Doesn't he look THRILLED?!)

Chloe got really sick and our breathing machine broke which required us borrowing stuff from friend's in the ward and then heading to more doctor's to get new equipment:


And I kept busy just trying to stay alive in September. I spent a lot of time on the couch and in the bathroom and my house looked like a tornado hit it every single day. I also was at the OB's office almost every week because my doctor was really concerned about my weight gain and being dehydrated with my severe nausea. So I don't remember what else happened in September and didn't really take a lot of pictures of anything in that condition.

I did start a new local website for events going on around Colorado Springs www.iheartcoloradosprings.com and slowly but surely will improve on it as I feel better! As a result of that website we did attend the Piccadilly Circus at the end of September and the kids loved it.

No comments: