Sunday, February 19, 2012

28 Weeks Down & Ultrasound Pictures

* I need to scan the ultrasound pictures in still but this is for my benefit so I know I need to do it!

I have passed the 28 week mark of this pregnancy and am officially in the last trimester of this pregnancy! So crazy to think that in less than 3 months, we will be welcoming a little boy to this predominately female family.   I am FAR from ready but will slowly start checking items off the list!  We're kind of starting over in a lot of ways since we got rid of tons of baby stuff when we moved and then most of our stuff is girl centered.  I will be ordering a new cover for the car seat this week (our old one is pink and brown!) and then start working on getting the small clothes that we need to start off.  My amazing friend Amy sent me a ton of adorable boy clothes - but most of them in the past 3 month range so I still need to get the newborn basics to bring him home in.

I am feeling decent although I still have really low blood pressure which makes me almost pass out if I'm not careful.  I have been dealing with nausea and heartburn at night but both are just good reasons for me to go to sleep at night and not stay up late!  I've started going back to the gym (when we are healthy in our house) and am slowly working on the baby boy's bedroom and those things to keep myself busy and distracted.  The elevation has been a lot harder on my body and I'm a lot more tired again in this last trimester.  But hard to get too much of a break when there are two little girls that need help and a house that needs to get cleaned!

I had my 28 week appointment last week and then a couple of days later had a 3D ultrasound.  The 3D/4D ultrasound is just something my doctor's office does for fun and it was pretty amazing to see little A!  Of course he decided to spend the entire time sleeping and wouldn't turn his face.  He has a cute profile though and it'll be a big surprise to see what he really looks like when he comes out.  We were able to see the hair line so I'm curious if my boy will come out with a full head of hair - unlike my girls who didn't have much.  We could see his little hands and that he was curled up with his legs tucked under and looked quite content inside there.  His head is SUPER low which explains why I feel like I have to pee all the time.  And he hasn't been kicking my ribs too much yet so I'm grateful for that part! Although I know that could change in the next few weeks as he continues to get bigger.  

3 comments:

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Lachelle, I don't know if I've had the chance to say Congrats! I cruised your blog and I can't believe how big your girls are. They are gorgeous. Good luck with that final, icky stretch. Can't wait to see baby boy Bodine.

Jessica said...

i only just recently discovered that you can order a new cover for a car seat without having to buy a whole new seat! that would have been handy to know about 3 children ago. hahahaha. having low blood pressure sounds really scary. i hope the last few months fly by for you!

Nicole said...

Yay, the home stretch! I'll be so excited to see your little guy in just a few short months. Pregnancy is wonderful, but I bet you'll be glad when it's over! :)