Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sharing a Room

In anticipation of the new baby boy that will be arriving in less than 3 months, it was time to move the girls into the same room. (We have 3 bedrooms and one bedroom in the basement and I would rather have my girls share a room then have one so far away!) One of Eliza's birthday presents was a twin bed (yes, she has been sleeping in a toddler bed for YEARS). I still need to paint and finish the bed frame (from Ikea) but she is pretty happy with her new and bigger bed. It's been an up and down week since the girls started sharing a room - some nights they have been up for 2 hours past their bedtime, other times they are asleep within a half hour. One wants to sleep with a light on and the other one doesn't. One little girl wants to talk to and and the other one just wants to play the iPod touch. You know the drill! I'm hoping that we started this plan early enough that it will just get easier from here on out. But overall, they seem to like sharing a room and sleep through the night once they finally get to sleep.

Last night I checked on them to find them sharing a bed! Pretty darn cute.







Eventually I will get around to decorating their room (although we're not allowed to paint our rental) and get them matching bed but for now - it's working.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Awww, those pictures are adorable! We'll probably need to figure out a room sharing arrangement before our baby gets here, but I have no idea how it's going to work. You give me hope that it's at least possible. :)