Sunday, April 15, 2012

19 Days or Less Until Asher Arrives!

We are into the home stretch!  In less than a month we will be meeting our baby boy.  It really doesn't seem real that it is happening so soon!  On one hand, this pregnancy feels like it is has taken forever (especially since I was so super sick for over 5 months of it) but then on the other hand, I can't believe that we are reaching the end.  I waver between feeling like I am ready to feeling like I still have so much to do.  But having two other kids to take care of and a lot of other stuff going on with life, makes it really easy to put it on the back burner and avoid thinking about the labor & delivery part which still terrifies me!

My doctor has agreed to induce me on May 4th IF Asher hasn't decided to make his appearance before then! My aunt Kelley will still be here and my dad and Debbie will be here shortly after that date so we will have all the bases covered for watching the girls if he waits until then.

I am still feeling pretty good for the most part!  Asher is curled up with his head down and his back is on my right side and his legs on my left.  I appreciate that he isn't kicking my ribs!  It's just funny that for the last 8 weeks almost all the kicks are on my left side.   I am waking up every 2-3 hours at night and have some aches and pains and have had days of really strong and painful contractions and have to be careful not to pass out.... but I will still take this part over the beginning of pregnancy!   For the last month I managed to not gain any weight (not sure HOW that happened with all the Easter candy and chocolate that I consumed) but we'll see if that hold true over the next few weeks.

My cravings currently revolve around two main things - lemons and Sonic ice.  I have been obsessed with lemon water with Sonic ice and lemonade.  I don't really like lemon candy or lemon bars but my lemon craving has extended to the point where I spent a couple hours on pinterest the other day trying to find a few lemon cake or cupcake recipes to make.  Hope my family is ready to help me make all the lemon treats I have planned for this week!  And chewing Sonic ice is a favorite past time of mine lately.  I buy the big bag from Sonic at the start of the week and eat/drink with the ice all week until the next Monday.  Other than these two things - food isn't really that appealing.  I get heartburn pretty bad and full pretty quickly so I try and eat simple meals that don't require a lot of ingredients or prep/clean up.

Asher's room is about half way finished.  So I need to finish up the nursery in the next couple of weeks!  But it will be cute and simple when it is done (and I'll take pictures).

I only have to get a swing and we've covered all the major things for bringing Asher home and my hospital bag is about half way packed.

Just have to go through the waiting game now and try and space out the last projects and cleaning and prepare myself for labor & delivery!

Here I am today at 36.5 weeks:

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're so close Lachelle! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! AND the nursery! I am currently working on our nursery too. :) BTW, I recently discovered a great lemon cupcake recipe...if you're still craving lemon! It's posted over at bakingforboys.blogspot.com.