Monday, April 29, 2013

Broken Car and Visitors

Rob headed off to work in Des Moines, Iowa for the summer at the end of April.  He was burnt out of the field of college admissions and decided to try working for our friend's company called Now Communications.  They sell DirecTV and Rob was going to run one of their sales offices.  Well, just a few days after he left for the summer - I went to church and then couldn't get my car to start again.  Not so good!  It was a little funny since Elder's Quorum was no where to be found but I had a lot of help from Relief Society sisters.  One of my dear friends in the ward (Susan Olsen) who I worked with in Nursery a few years back offered to load all of us up in our truck and take us back to her house.  Then she would send her husband back with me to see if he could help me get it started again.  So off we went and my kids were able to be fed and taken care of with Susan (she has a granddaughter born the same day as Chloe and they are two peas in a pod!).  Her husband Carl knows quite a bit about cars and decided that my fuel pump was not working.  We got it towed back to my house until we could figure out what to do with it!  Should have gotten it towed straight to the repair shop but that happened the next day.

Other friends helped me out the next day in getting Eliza to and from school and then my Father in Law decided to come in and help us out.  And my brother Trent arrived on his way to moving out to Washington DC!  It was a fun filled week.  We got my car in for the expensive repairs and used Trent's car and Grandpa's rental car to make it through. And Grandpa treated us to dinner out a few times and not cooking or cleaning up is a sure fire way to make me happy!   Little trials like this make you really grateful for friends and family who are so willing to help out when you need it!







No comments: