Sunday, June 30, 2013

Omaha, NE Road Trip

I was really excited when we found out that we would be in Des Moines for the summer because it was within a couple of hours of a lot of great things.  One of those great things was my dear friend Liv!  We became really fast and quick friends when I first moved to Colorado since she lived around the corner and had a girl Eliza's age and was in the ward.  We had weekly get togethers to watch "Psych" and other fun things!  Unfortunately for me, Liv's husband Doug is in the Air Force and they were shipped out only 5 months after we moved to Colorado and sent to Omaha.  Doug's family lives in Colorado Springs so we had seen them on their annual visits to his family but I was thrilled to be able to visit her!  And it turned out that we would be able to come for the weekend for her daughter Ingrid's 7th birthday.

The Hale's were amazing hosts and it was just what I needed!  Liv and I went on a late night donut run (they had Winchell's donuts out there which are my all time favorite cake donut!), went to a great park with the kids, had fun at Ingrid's birthday party, went shopping at an outdoor mall and out to lunch, some Kum & Go soda runs, and watched fireworks out on their deck (it was a few days before the 4th of July and gigantic fireworks are commonly sold).  Such a fun weekend along with some late night talks!



Asher LOVED the foam pit!










No comments: