Saturday, February 24, 2007

Dads are the best!

I maybe a little biased but I think I have one of the best Dads in the world. I was sitting at home today taking a nap with Ellie on the couch and had a knock on the door. It was a delivery man from Safeway with some groceries that my dad had ordered and had sent to us! He sent diapers and wipes for the baby (in my favorite diaper brand of Pampers), a few cases of Coke with Lime for Rob, Ben & Jerry's ice cream for me, doggy treats for Max and Roxy, and then some frozen dinners and milk. Such a nice surprise! Although now I'm really considering using Safeway.com and getting my groceries delivered every week now . . . Love ya dad!

3 comments:

Kristen Michele said...

How sweet of your dad!! We use Safeway.com to have our groceries delivered also. It's wonderful!! It's just too hard sometimes to get 2 toddlers dressed and out the door to get food. Especially when they don't behave! Unless we get the shopping cart that is a little car for them to drive, they are a nightmare! Plus, once you sign up for it, you get coupons in the mail each month for FREE delivery. So you don't even have to pay that extra fee. I recommend it to all moms :)

kristenita said...

that's awesome! how great to not have to worry about going out. what a great thought your dad had to do that!
(too bad there is no safeway in NY...)

The Blakes said...

That is seriously one of the cutest things I have heard of. I'm glad you're being pampered while you recover and adjust to motherhood!