Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween this year seemed to drag on FOREVER! We started with trunk or treat/carnival/chili cook off with the Ward on Friday night, then two different Halloween parties hosted by friends on Saturday, then trick or treating and handing out candy in the neighborhood on Monday, and then Eliza's preschool Halloween parade and party on Tuesday!

At the beginning of September, I was trying to figure out what costumes to do for the girls. I knew that I was going to start getting sick and I wanted to be prepared. We were at this children's consignment store Once Upon a Child when Ellie found this chicken costume in her size and forgot all about being a princess again. She wanted to be a chicken! So when I saw the Carter's cow costume at Costco - I picked it up for Chloe. No changing their minds this year! (Although they did dress up as Alice in Wonderland and Minnie Mouse for one of the Halloween parties).






Halloween really shows my kids personalities! Chloe couldn't wait to dig into her candy and had it all eaten (or as much as she could eat) within an hour of getting a hold of it. Meanwhile her sister Eliza was content with a few pieces at a time. Needless to say Chloe was done with her candy quick and Eliza is STILL sharing her candy with her sister each day. And thankfully I have no temptation to eat their candy this year! It's nice that it doesn't really appeal to me!






No comments: