Saturday, September 09, 2006

Ode to Craigslist.org

So I just have to comment on how Craigslist.org is one of my favorite sites! I've used it a lot over the last year but this last week has been an extremely eventful one with the site. I sold my wedding dress (for half the original price to a cute little Mormon girl who is getting married on my same wedding date), sold a matching dresser and desk from my spare room, and found a glider/rocker for a 1/4 of the original price and in great condition!

The last one is my first "official" purchase for the new arrival. I kind of jumped the gun on buying it so soon but it was such a great deal and in such good condition that I couldn't pass it up! The chair is super comfy although the distressed pine wood really isn't my favorite. I'm trying to decide if I should paint it white (since I plan to do an all white furniture nursery no matter what the gender) or if I should just leave it alone and just have this one piece that doesn't match - what do you think? The cushions are a really light tan so I'm a little hesitant on how they would look against a white wood finish.

The new rocker/glider chair (the chair is in the future nursery but that room will be undergoing some major updates soon)

A closer view of chair

4 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I LOVE Craigslist!!!! Congrats on such a good deal on such a wonderful piece of furniture. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without ours.

Paula and I think you should paint it white. And if you have the means, desire and know-how, we think it would be cute to get either pink and white striped or blue and white striped cushions to compliment.

heidi said...

i vote for white too. i think it will make the tan cushion pop if you want to leave it as is!

lrbodine said...

So far - refinishing this chair to a white finish . . . is the majority response. Since I am planning on refinishing a changing table to white also - I might as well do this one at the same time. :)

Paula said...

Lachelle,

Hi, I am Paula Kilgore Roberts (Natalie Giddens' sister). I am sure we met a couple of times at BYU. I was wondering about how you went about selling your wedding dress on craigslist. I think that is a great idea.