Monday, March 05, 2007

Backyard Fun

Rob needed to test out a piece of machinery that he uses for work and I've always hated the trees in our backyard - so Rob was nice enough to tear down 4 of the 8 trees in our backyard on Saturday. It was quite entertaining to watch him use the excavator but he was pretty good at it by the end. We need a bigger bucket before we can tear down the remaining 4 trees . . but it's a start! Since Rob is now in the pool building business - his business partner is trying to talk us into building a "spool" (basicaly a cross between a spa and pool) in our backyard. We have plenty of room to add one in - I'm just not sure how much longer we will stay in this house. The price would be right since they could do almost all the work themselves. So we'll see. Maybe we'll get a spool put in and people will come to visit more often! :)







In Ellie news - she had her 2 week check up today and weighed in at a hefty 7 lbs 12 ounces. The doctor was surprised that she has already almost put on 2 pounds since she was born. I have to say that I'm not too surprised since I feel like I'm nursing 24/7! What can I say though? She takes after her mother and likes to eat! Hopefully she'll inhereit our metabolism too.

3 comments:

Christianne said...

I wish he could come take out a couple of our trees but our pine tree is probably too big for that little machine. The spool would be a great selling feature wouldn't it. Seems like in AZ that would add a lot of value. sounds fun! christianne

Shae said...

She is beautiful!

The*Evans*Family said...

Tell Rob he can head over to our house with his little machine and take out some bushes. I love Ellie's little bow! I need a girl. Oh and 7 lb 12 oz is far from hefty! Looking back I think Carson was pushing 12-14 lbs by that time. I need to come over and see this sweet baby!!